RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comment

How the Heart Breaks...

Poor Casey.

Poor Jane.

Mama Rizzoli is going to have so much fun interferring, I can see it already.

The End... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHEjxZSpaw

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHEjxZSpaw[/yt]

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

R&I reminds me a lot of NCIS in that the cases of the week are usually easy to figure out, aren't necessarily all that interesting or whatever but it's the character interaction and acting that really makes the show. This week's episode is a good example...a rather boring case but the relationships between the character last night really made the episode shine.

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I really like this show, but it doesn't seem to quite know if it wants to be a hardnosed HBO / Showtime show or mainstream TV. It sort of straddles the two uncomfortably...

4. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

You know what I think? I think the show can't decide if it wants to be a procedural drama or a light comedy that happens to have murder on the side.

The focus is too confused. Does JTam want to focus on the crime or the lives of her characters? 45 minutes isn't enough to do both, and I don't think she's quite got that fact figured out yet.

5. JanewayRulz!

I have to admit I prefer hearing about Jane/ Maura/ Frankie/ Korsak/ Frost/ Mama Rizzoli and even Mother Isles more than the crime of the week. (Tommy bores me too much.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEuwYfxGxM

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEuwYfxGxM[/yt]

In fact, its that "something besides the crime" story that I prefer, and why I don't really get into "procedurals" as a rule.

124 seconds include the Frost/Korsak moments. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dWUphT01n4k#t=124s

Of course before that is the "morning after" moments. ;)

6. Adm_Hawthorne

I'll be the first to admit that I don't watch the show for the story line (aka crime drama), which is terribly ironic considering I help run a blog dedicated to the show, and I'm helping with the upcoming convention for the show. You'd think I'd be ALL OVER the drama, but I'm not.

The fact is, I watch the show for the interactions between Jane and Maura, and, to a slightly lesser extent, the interactions between the other secondary players in the cast. I'm must more interested in listening to the banter between Korsak and Frost than who killed the person in the episode of the week, and I could care less who Jane is thinking about dating or Maura is going to sleep with.

7. JanewayRulz!

If you run a blog, then you probably already know about this new cast member.

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20605433,00.html

;)

Oh... and just one question.

Does that include each other????

8. Adm_Hawthorne

I saw the tweet about that guest star. I think that's just adorable.

I'm Rizzles shipper. In fact, this is the blog I help run -> http://rizzlesgirls.blogspot.com/

So... yeah... I wouldn't mind if they slept with each other, but I know that's not going to happen, and I'm okay with that. I went through years of Xena and years of J/7. I can deal with Rizzles never happening, too.

9. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would hope so they are bff's.:drool::drool: lol!!

10. Adm_Hawthorne

I think that's LLBFFs, right? We all know what that means. :cool:

11. JanewayRulz!

Uh... Life Long Best Friends Forever?

WELCOME to the DOLLHOUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxYhdj2j8g

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxYhdj2j8g[/yt]

Well, when the teaser opens with Maura smelling Jane and trying to guess when our detective last took a shower... you KNOW the rift has been sealed and its back to banter/buisness as normal. :bolian:

I just wonder when Jane is going to figure out that Maura knew about Casey AND told Angela before she told the broken hearted Jane? And I wonder how Jane will punish Maura when that happens. :lol:

12. Adm_Hawthorne

I don't think that's going to happen at all. The show's writing is pretty consistent in it's inconsistencies. If anything, Jane might gripe Angela out for butting in, but it's far more likely that Jane will talk to Angela about it, and they'll "hug it out".

I was actually really disappointed in this episode (and the one prior).

It was boring to me. The crime plot could have been compelling if it was more focused, the subplot for angela could have been funny if we’d been given more, and the subplot for Jasey could have been interesting… if we’d had more of it. It was just too much stuff with too little time. The whole doll thing could have made a great fettish-based episode. I mean, dolls are creepy. It could have been a great long term story arc over several episodes. I feel he could have been the new Hoyt.

The problem is that there just was not enough time to amp up the creepy, which is why I think a longer story arc could have been really awesome.

But that’s generally the issue with this show. It’s trying to be all things, except you can’t really do that effectively. You have to pick one, and I don’t think crime drama is it here.

I just… I miss Hoyt.

13. JanewayRulz!

I gotta say... watching this series really does give me a new appreciation for X:WP's writers. Sure, they were far from perfect but those guys/gals could handle heavy drama and light hearted banter with the best of them.

14. Adm_Hawthorne

Well, those writers could handle it because they didn't shy away from the fact that there was a lot of strong lesbian subtext. They embraced it.

It makes a difference.

15. timothy

So true but that is tnt for you. Now next week we have a case involving isles's mother. You know the one from the picture. This could be a really good one.

And if you have not started on any of the books yet do so. They are way darker and different than show.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. JanewayRulz!

Yeah... I'm looking forward to meeting Maura's Mother too. One wonders if we are ever going to see the two Mothers go head to head over Maura... and which side Angela is going to come down on if there is a "fight".

As for the books, I've shied away from them since I thought I read somewhere (?) that in the books its mostly Rizzoli... vs Rizzoli and Isles.

ETA: Kudos to TNT for renewing already. Its not perfect, but it IS fun!

18. Adm_Hawthorne

I don't think we're going to see a fight between Hope and Constance. I do think we'll see behavioral traits between Hope and Maura that make it in-you-face obvious that Hope is Maura's biological mother. Plus, Sharon Lawrence and Sasha Alexander have an uncanny resemblance to each other.

I adore Tess. She's a sweetheart, and she's a lot of fun to talk to. I think it's interesting that she was a medical doctor before moving into novel writing, which is why the books are so accurate, but I've tried reading them. It's hard for me because t's too dark for me.

Also keep in mind the novels and books are two completely different things. The only real similarity between the two are names, professions, and genders.

19. timothy

Rizzoli & isles
    bones
    Dexter
    True blood

All these shows which are based on book series are way different than the tv show with the exception of:

Game of thrones

They keep to the story allmost word fo word with a few shortned sceens.

I am glad that we are not taking a break this week like on usa god I hate those.

20. JanewayRulz!

See, and thats why I like the TV show because its NOT too dark.

Do you ever get the idea that sometimes the TV show is like an uber XG show by someone who never understood X/G?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWnNQTO-vc

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWnNQTO-vc[/yt]