A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Have they cast Mance yet?

I thought they had started filming season 3? Are they just going to reference him this season? (Not sure how well that would work...)

Perhaps they just want to keep a lid on it?

2. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparently, they are looking for a relatively big name actor (by TV standards, anyway) for this role. Beyond the wall scenes will be filmed in Iceland again in September or something like that, so there's still time to cast him.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oops!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19260722

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: Seeing Brienne standing there with the little blue polka-dotted umbrella is hysterical! Glad they found the call sheet intact, although I would have loved to see what's written on it. :drool:

5. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

WinterIsComing.net reports on several returning cast members, including the actors playing the Watch members Pyp and Rast, and (more significantly) those playing Barristan Selmy and Lysa Arryn. So Barristan/Arstan is in as expected, and it looks like they're taking the opportunity to keep Littlefinger onscreen by showing his wooing of Lysa.

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Rumors (and one slip from a friend in the know) suggest some offers went out a couple weeks ago after their first choice turned it down. One in particular I'm really hoping takes it.

7. Captaindemotion

I wonder if the fact that Dominic West bemoaned his own foolishness in turning it down to the press means that they might offer it back to him?

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I wondered whether they'd leave Selmy out until season 4 in the hope the audience will semi-forget him, or whether they'd add makeup to try to keep his true identity secret for a bit...

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Wooing of Lysa? Damn, I'm NOT looking forward to that! :rommie:

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Lysa's not as ugly in the show as she is in the books.

I don't think they'll bother with Barristan's disguise in the show, just have him change his name. WE'LL know who he is but Daenerys won't.

11. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

he'll have grown a beard by then to of course give rise to the name Whitebeard
    it's not like he'll have to wear Groucho glasses :D

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I am still in book 3. I have to give Martin credit. Even when I know what is going to happen (my friends have big mouths), he keeps the how very interesting.

The way Jamie's hand was cutoff was great stuff. Plus, I am really loving the Brienne and Jamie interactions. They are now with Roose Bolton.

Question - When Tywin shows Tyrion those blades he has made for Jamie and Joff, is that the remnants of Ice? (I just finished that section, and I wonder where Tywin got the steel?)

The old Bear's death was sad. But, it seems some of the Black Brothers are putting things together. It is unfortunate in that it appears no one will help them.

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah those swords were reforged from the Stark family blade
    I think later on you'll be satisfied with who ends up with one of them

Jamie gives his sword to Brienne and calls it Oathkeeper when he sends her from Kings Landing to find Sansa

14. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

15. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

I really like this pick

16. Captaindemotion

Slightly older than I'd have opted for but Hinds in anything can only be for the good.

Funny how a lot of people were hoping for James Purefoy, who was Marc Anthony to his Caesar in Rome.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

A bit old for the role, but should be good

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Now THAT is one hell of a pick! :techman:

20. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Mance is older than people realize; at his first appearance it's noted that his hair is mostly gray. Which would probably happen at a younger age in Westeros than in our world, but in appearance terms I think Hinds is about right. As George R. R. Martin once pointed out, Sean Bean is about fifteen years older than Ned Stark, but as far as the effects of the aging process, they're still arguably comparable.