The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BTW, who the hell is stupid enough to be hiking... alone? There's cars everywhere, & for the time being, most people on the show seem to be able to find fuel

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This episode was excellent, probably the best since the pilot. It was haunting, sad, and yet somewhat hopeful. The problem is that it showed just how uninteresting a lot of the normal drama that goes on is.

3. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

I felt sorry for that unknown guy with the orange back pack, he pleaded for help twice and was ignored, later it was obvious he could not fight off the walkers and died. And then they backup and collect his pack. For some reason this bothered me. It seems this group will only help it's own now, and everybody else can just die and it's too bad so sad for them. Either that or stick with the group long enough to pass their "trial" and earn there stripes in the group like Michonne finally did this week, when to me she proved it a long time ago.

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

This was easily one of the best episodes of the entire show. And I've not even been liking Rick or Carl, but the character beats were just brilliant, and it was great to see Morgan again. I'm so glad that Michonne finally got to break out of her "glare with no lines" mode. Let's hope it continues.

Yes! Especially poignant considering Morgan's conversation about it and the role a walkie-talkie played in Clem's story.

ETA: And now I'm sad because of that. :p

5. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Morgan. :( Performing his grim task. Clearing.

Not everyone would come to a good end. The fact that is was Morgan drives it home--the human toll, not just in physical lives. Morgan, and the unfortunate hiker. I can understand when you look at it objectively why they didn't pick him up. It's a brutal truth that would develop in that kind of world. Best not to give the stranger hope.

Oh, Morgan. :(

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

7. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I would not be surprised if Rick ends up knowing more about her; Andrea is not the kind of person anyone can get close to without having to deal with her neverending complaining.

Its been some time since the 1st episode, if you jump ahead, Michonne and Andrea were supposed to be on their own for 8 months, so all considered, the series internal clock has to be closer to two years.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I know a lot of people have commented that they've felt badly for the hitchhiker but even in the best of times I think most people would've passed him by. Who knows what psychos are out there now...I would imagine that in the zombie apocalypse there'd be even more dangerous people out there.

9. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I see your point; he even yelled something to the effect that he was okay (meaning not sick), but who would take that chance. For all anyone realized, he could have been bait for a larger group hiding in the woods, or had some association with the governor.

10. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Rick says to Morgan it's been approx 1 year since they last saw each other but as you note Carl looks a lot older than only the passage of 1 year and maybe it's me but they've compressed to much shit to have happened in such a short time period.

1. Rick wakes up from coma

2. Goes to Atlanta

3. Goes to camp

4. Then CDC

5. Carl is shot

6. Has a miracle recovery in just a few days

7. Lori pregnant

8. They camp out on the farm for unknown period of time.

9. Leave farm

10. Go to the prison

11. Andrea lands in Woodbury

12. Another unknown period of time passes in the prison after baby is born

13. Nowthey return to King County

:wtf:

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

So when they take their time to tell a story (season 2) people complain, but now too much is happening within a certain space of time? You can't have it both ways.

12. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

The poor guy ended up as stains on the pavement. I see the wisdom of not trusting strangers, but part of me would want to save another human.

13. DarthTom

But Rick specifically says to Morgan it's been 1 year since they last saw each other.

14. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

My mother was really distressed by the hitcher. Passing him by and then taking his pack after he became zombie fodder was just too callous for her. It was a big turn off.

I think the episode was a turning point for Rick though. He saw what became of a good person when totally isolated.

My total "oh no" moment was when I saw Duane's name scrawled on that wall. I knew that he had to be gone, but seeing his name up there just gave me chills and deepened the sadness.

I am glad that Michonne opened up to Carl. It was a great bonding moment. We saw Carl go from parroting what Rick told him to making his own decision about her.

That cat was godawful ugly. Ha-ha!

I did not miss the Woodbury subplot at all. Tyrese and his sister can get out of there and let the rest of that nonsense go.

15. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

Favorite episode of the season for sure, I think between Morgan and the hiker it really drives homw the point that you cant go it alone,

16. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lori was just pregnant when Rick arrived at the group, she just had the baby, it takes 10 months to have a baby. That is really the only firm time indicator we have.

though in the early days of the show they were going day to day and I counted less than 2 weeks from Rick waking up to arriving on the farm.

as to the hitchiker, you gotta wonder where he's been the last year. What is he doing running down the road yelling? :lol:

17. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

That doesn't mean it's been exactly a year and a day. It could be a year plus several months. Or Rick could be wrong about the amount of time elapsed because he's barely slept. Why does that matter?

As for the hitchhiker being dumb because he's screaming, we don't know that he screamed as a matter of habit. He saw salvation and it was driving away from him. Wouldn't anyone scream in desperation?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  18. DarthTom

To the other posters point though, it's clear that Carl has aged more than 1 year based on his appearnce.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Like a poster said above, with all the cars, trucks and even motorcycles available why is is this guy hiking?

20. DarthTom

There are several far fetched possibilities. Perhaps he doesn't know how to drive? Not that driving takes some technical genius, but some people who never learned to do so are apprehensive about trying in my experience.