Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by moviegirl, Jan 21, 2014.

1. moviegirl

moviegirl Cadet Newbie

Hello,
    I sell discounted movies, all kinds. I am into a lot of fantasy type movies and superhero stuff LOTR Thor Iron man and some sci-fi, but not an extremely big trekkie (sorry) I just sold a star trek blu ray movie two days ago, the one with the face of Kirk on the front and Spock on the back of the blu ray case. It came with a white slip cover that just says STAR TREK on the front. A customer of mine just sent me an email saying he wants to return it because he wanted the 2010 edition. And if I can't do that, he wants 50% off the 2009 blu ray. What is going on? :alien blush: Did they make two movies back to back in 2009 and 2010? Can someone tell me the difference between the blu ray 2009 star trek and the 2010 version? I can see the cover looks different :tommie: I've been surfing the net for some answer on this and still can't find an explanation between the difference. If this seems like a dumb question……sorry :eek: Please help???

2. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

A. Technically this is in wrong section, this belongs in the Abrams movies forum.
    B. There was a movie in 2009 and 2013. Nothing new was made in 2010.
    C. In November 2009, the first JJ movie was released as a deluxe 3-disc Blu-ray edition and also a more basic DVD edition. In 2010 Paramount Home Video re-released a Blu-ray edition that is a stripped down movie-only release. The 2009 release includes more, there was an entire disc devoted to bonus features, so I don't know why he'd be complaining, it's the better edition to buy. The movie itself is exactly the same. Same audio, same video.

3. moviegirl

moviegirl Cadet Newbie

HI,

Thanks for your quick response. Please send me the link for the Abrams movies forum, I searched the site and can't find it. Then I will post this in the right place! Again thanks so much!

4. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

It's right below this one in the list of forums:

"Star Trek Movies XI+"
    http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

But I already answered your question for ya, so no need to repost it.

To recap:

2009= deluxe 3-disc
    2010= single-disc movie-only

The movie itself is the same. You can find them both listed on Amazon.

2010 re-release: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Blu-ray-Chris-Pine/dp/B00471JSRE/ref=tmm_blu_title_0

2009: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Three-Disc-Special-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B001AVCFK6/ref=tmm_blu_title_2

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Moved next door to the Movies XI+ forum!

6. moviegirl

moviegirl Cadet Newbie

Hi,

Thanks again. Actually the 2009 did come in a single disc case as well, or the 3 disc deluxe case with digital copy, blu ray movie, and special features disc. My customer bought the single disc edition 2009 and not the 2010 single disc edition. I really think there is no difference between the single disc 2009 and 2010 single disc. The cover photo is different but not the contents of the single blu ray movie disc. But the customer is always right, so I will just refund him.