Spoilers TNG: The Body Electric by David Mack Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Sho, Dec 16, 2012.

?

Rate The Body Electric.

1. Outstanding

37 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Above Average

42 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Average

26 vote(s)
    23.4%
  4. Below Average

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

Closing out the year is the final chapter in the Cold Equations trilogy penned by David Mack, The Body Electric (Bradbury or Whitman?). This one promises the return of one Wesley Crusher, continuing the trilogy's work to catch us up on some of the TNG characters we haven't seen in action in a while.

'... We have engaged the Blurb':

Sadly no excerpt on the book's Simon & Schuster page at this time.

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Looking forward to this one:bolian:

3. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

More Whitman, but also Peart. :)

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one certainly has the oddest title of any Trek book ever I think, with the exception of How Much For Just The Planet. :D

Looking forward to it though, since I feel this one
    might finally have Picard deciding on retiring, after the omens in the last two books, and even some little hints in earlier novels, where Picard was wondering about family life and safety on a starship.

5. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Are we expecting the first copies to roll out to shelves before or after crimbo?

I dunno, some of the Bantam ones were pretty out there

Trek to Madworld
    Spock Must Die!
    Spock, Messiah!

Something something seventies I guess

6. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah just cannot wayt tah get ma haynds on this one!

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This novel is certainly at thr top of the list of Startrek books I've been wanting to get and read sometimeafter it finally comes out in a few weeks.Now if only first data novel would come in the mail so I can start read this trilogy at long last.:techman:

8. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Already ordered awaiting the download. I wonder who will die or be killed this time. Would we ever see the death of Flint?

9. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Killing an immortal, how is a David Mack to resist? :p

10. Eat-Da-Tribble

Eat-Da-Tribble Ensign Newbie

I want to know what happen with SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope s/he won't die, so in the next book we will witness the fierce battle between Data and Worf to see who retains Spot's custody.

I don't want to wait until the 26.

O, please, I need spoilers... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I hope to get this book while I'm stateside for Christmas. I would hate having to wait for it to show up on base in Japan. They usually get Star Trek books two, three weeks after everyone else.

12. rfmcdpei

rfmcdpei Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who do I think might die?

It might well be Wesley. He's clearly an important character, not only to the plot but to the TNG crew, but not so important that he might not be disposed of. Meanwhile, Wesley is important to the family that Picard and Crusher are building up.

13. rahullak

<saves up popcorn to see the BBWC crowd fight it out and protest against the grossly unfair death of their beloved character>

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised if Wesley is killed, but I suspect he won't die.

That being said, I do think someone of significance will die. First Jasminder Choudhury, then Esperanza Piñiero. I would be surprised if someone doesn't die in The Body Electric.

I'm currently rereading Immortal Coil (I couldn't before the trilogy because my copy was on the other side of the world at the time) and I really hope Rhea McAdams shows up.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm torn on this one. He's been a fairly minor character in the franchise for a while now, so his death won't have a big effect on the specific storyline (althought it obviously will on the characters). So on one hand he'd been easy to kill since it won't have a huge effect on any of the ongoing stories, but at the same time that could be a good reason not to kill him off and kill someone who's a bigger player instead.

16. rahullak

There would be cause for a "player" who is big enough to affect storylines to be resurrected.

17. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

I find it odd that the release date is December 26th. Why would they not want to get in on the Christmas hype?

18. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ Because the production/release schedule for Star Trek books places each new book's on-sale date as the last Tuesday of each month. In this case, the last Tuesday of the month was Christmas Day, a federal holiday, so the release date was moved back to December 26.

19. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

But December 26th is Boxing Day. That's the day after Christmas when everyone is supposed to get up really early to go shopping for those things they didn't get at Christmas.....Hey.....wait a minute......:techman:

20. TerraUnam

TerraUnam Commander Red Shirt

Boxing Day is itself a statutory holiday here in Ontario. :vulcan: