Any Casual STO Players?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Tribble puncher, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Tons of them, have more than so can hatch.

2. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

are there common places to find them?

3. Timelord Victorious

Just keep doing the horghan hunt.

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I consider STO to be one of the best examples of a good Free-to-Play system. Compare it to Star Wars: The Old Republic, and you'll see what I mean. STO is surprisingly generous with what you can do without paying.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Yes, most other games claim to be free-to-play are nothing more than free demos. They block your character's advancement as well as access to good equipment behind expensive pay walls.

I've always maintained that Cryptic's a good company who try to give the best to players. That is why with Cryptic's games (Star Trek Online, Neverwinter Online, Champions Online), all players gets to play the full game, gets access to good equipment all for free.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

You folks have some good comments about Cryptic/STO.

One thing that I like about STO is that most items you buy from the C store are available to all your characters. I haven't seen that in the other games I've tried.

7. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well i could not find anything about this law, but since i posted about not playing it any more few people have stated a intrest in buying my LTS, so light at the end of the tunnel for me STO wise. :)

8. Rocketeer

Unless you know your buyer, I would suggest using an escrow service.

I also suggest asking Cryptic about the account terms for UK players. You should try to keep it legal; however, I won't beat you over the head about it. Good luck.

9. Haggis and tatties

I doubt PW would allow the transfer of account, although i remember seeing them being sold on eBay at one point, but it will be done via paypal, if it happens, i already had somebody say they wanted to buy it, then try and get my log in detail as they wanted to try it first to see if it was worth it. lol

10. Timelord Victorious

Well, that's easy. You meet them in game, and show them all your lifetime items and perks plus all your c-store purchases if they want to evaluate the account.
    All your toons, I guess, will be deleted anyway before the transfer, right?

11. Rocketeer

That could be pretty weird is someone had your characters and access to your friends and fleets. Kind of like a doppelganger...

12. Haggis and tatties

I would delete all my toons before it went to somebody else, but that's if it goes to somebody else, the six people who have contacted me 3 offered £50, two wanted to try it first, and one said they were from Cryptic and they had noticed i wanted to sell my acccount, they allow you to do this, but they would need to log in and allow their account's department to mark the account as being sold.

I of course gave my log in detail to the last taking them at their word.:lol:

The last thing i will try is selling it on eBay, friends have all went to other games long ago, and if i do sell it i will let the fleet know first thing, dont worry about that, i would not let a stranger into the fleet without you guys knowing.

But as i say, that's if it sells, at the moment a STO account looks about as valuable as a UK MP's word.:lol:

13. Tribble puncher

Duty Officer Question: What are all these civilians or passengers doing on my ship...should I keep them? sell them (if possible?)

14. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not casual, I play a lot, but I'm also bored with it and have been forever, so... lol.

End of the day, you've either got to grind to get good stuff, or drop real coin. I grind. Though I have spent money in the past, I always regret it from a "I just spent real money on fake shit" point of view. So I stopped doing it.

15. Timelord Victorious

You can use them for some fleet projects, but mostly you need them for Duty Officer assignments which usually involve colonization. You find them in the exploration clusters.

yeah. We spend money in imaginary stuff. but in the end it's just spending money on entertainment, right?

16. Tribble puncher

Thanks...I did a little digging and figured it out...

17. Rocketeer

Tribble Puncher - try this link:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Duty_officer

If you need more help with the DOFF system, just send me a note.

Frontier - I echo what Timelord says. I looked at what I spend on DVDs and iTunes and that's how I justified the cost of STO to myself. It's another form of entertainment for me. :-)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  18. Haggis and tatties

So put my sto accunt up on ebay last week, top bid was for £32, and i thought my reserve of £90 was low.

Oh well, seems till death do we part. lol

19. Timelord Victorious

Well, looking forward to still play with you whenever you get the urge to check out what's new in STO either way :)

Or you try again when or shortly after they run a sale on Lifetime Subs again.
    Should stirr interest a bit and someone might go looking for a 50% bargain.