So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Burning House was the final novel in the KE/INS Gorkon series. Klag has a small role in A Singular Destiny, which does offer updates on a few other characters, but I think that was the last we've seen of the IKS Gorkon characters.

2. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

No!!!

3. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Yes :(

A Burning House being the last KE book is one of Treklit's great injustices!

4. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I started "Cast No Shadow" by James Swallow yesterday. Didn't read much yet, but an intriguing opening :)

5. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review of Rising Son by S.D. Perry, the latest in my (very slow) re-read of the DS9 "relaunch."

Just finishing up Acts of Contrition, and then going to read Q Are Cordially Uninvited....

6. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Finished the Gemworld books and read Latinum's Lust Lost (and Found), and probably on to the Genesis Wave books next, and then IKS Gorkon.

7. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I put the breaks on reading the post-nemesis stuff. I'm back on my chronological read-thru, which I've now been working on the last few years, beginning with the "Encounter at Farpoint" novelization. ive been using this site: http://killie-booktalk.blogspot.com/p/star-trek-reading-challenge.html to read the books in chronological order.
    So I'm currently on DS9 "Emissary." So far, not a bad novelization. I do like how JM Dillard expanded on the Picard/Sisko scene.

8. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Stargate SG-1: Ouroboros by Melissa Scott. It wasn't bad, but I feel like it could have been 2/3 the length. The premise is interesting, but I found the story kind of boring and I'm not certain why because there is a good amount of action. Aside from the story feeling a little too long and maybe some pacing issues, I can't say why I didn't enjoy it more. I would give it a 3 out of 5.

I'm now re-reading Star Trek: SCE: Fatal Error by KRAD.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started reading the digital version of The Amazing Spider-Man: Brand New Day Vol. 2 Wednesday night.

10. voyager1

voyager1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That was one of the best books I have read this year. I heard at one point that it might be made into a movie.

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

A movie is currently in the works and will probably happen sooner rather than later.

12. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Civilisation, Kenneth Clark and The Roots of American Order, Russell Kirk. I'm pacing myself to go through the same time periods with both authors at the same time. Right now we're in the Reformation.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The movie, which stars Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain, and is being directed by Ridley Scott, is coming out Nov. 25, 2015. I haven't read the book, but I'm a fan of Scott and Damon, so the announcements about it caught my attention.

I started ST:TNG: Cold Equations: Silent Weapons during my break at work.

14. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm reading ST Voyager: Acts of Contrition.

15. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: SCE: Fatal Error by KRAD.

I'm now reading Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Lust's Latinum Lost (and Found) by Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdmann.

16. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Currently reading the first book in the Tripods series.

I've read the prequel and it was okay: 3 out of 5.

17. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    After finishing "Cast No Shadow" (awesome! I liked how Valeris was developed, and presented :)), I'm re-reading "Millenium". Still on book 1.

After that I'll read a Polish novel written in 1930s about a moron, who made a political career. An old book, but still applies to the real life ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  18. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Finally got around to starting the Garak book written by Andrew Robinson, A Stitch in Time. I'm a pretty fast reader so I'll most likely finish it today.

I saw in the Nook bookstore there is also the Lives of Dax book. How is that?? Was thinking of downloading it.

19. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

It's fantastic, in my opinion the best Trek short story collection ever released. Highly recommended.

20. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Stitch In Time is great!

I've started Kirsten Beyer's Acts of Contrition and I'm really excited. Due to an expired debit card that is finally renewed, I haven't been able to pick up any new e-books for a couple weeks.

Joel - The Tripod books that take place in the White Mtns of New Hampshire, published sometime in the 80's? If so, EXCELLENT. I might need to reread those myself, as I grew up there. They definitely made an impression on me as a developing reader when I first read them in 3rd-4th grade. I bet I would get a lot more out of them now.

Also I have a new kitten.