Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was debunked but then one of the showrunners mentioned that Maxima was going to be on the show. The interview was on Kryptonsite a few days ago. They spoke at Comic Con about it apparently.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

So far the episode synopsis is still Maxima...its the third or fourth episode of the season and I assume the episode is in the can already so I don't know how they can change the name. Or else they're using Maxima to market the episode. The episode I can remember was way back in season one or two with the sick kid, I think Clark bought him an issue of Warrior Angel that was one of his favourites or something. Then Lex came in and said he would lend him his collection. Either way I'm pretty sure both of them were Warrior Angel fans, maybe because of recent events between the two Clark has grown out of Warrior Angel!

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Let me go on the record and say this: :censored::brickwall::brickwall::censored:

I know exactly where that episode's going.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If you mean Ryan he was already a Warrior Angel fan. Lex gave him a copy of one of his favorites.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Can't wait for episode 8 "Legion"! That will be cool.

JF

6. Admiral_Young

Sounds like Legion will be a November sweeps episode...although barring any more strikes we should be back on a normal TV schedule so there will be hiatus in late October.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Not surprising though.

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The Legion of Fucking Super-Heroes...!

THUD!

The next episode, Satan will be calling on Clark to use his heat vision to melt the snow off his driveway....

On the subject of "Doomsday"...had anyone staked a claim on the nickname "DINO"?

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ The Legion is something that a lot of Smallville fans have been hoping for.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but it's either nostalgia or someone is raping our childhood, depending on how well the job is handled.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ You have a point.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they would take a break the first week in November for election coverage? (I know the election would be over by that time of the week...I'm just speculating).

13. Guy Gardener

Goodness. What if they come back to frell up an election?

I mean, how could Clark Kent operate in unanimity if his mother was the President?

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Not to mention this LSH fan...but I never thought they'd actually do it, hence my reaction...Hell freezing over and all of that.

It sounds like Johns has the right idea for it. You could easily do the founding Legionnaires coming back for some purpose--to fix history, whatever--and keep them undercover in plain clothes.

15. Admiral_Young

CW doing election coverage is laughable but postphoning episodes because of other networks coverage makes sense. I hope they don't do that. I'm really excited for this episode and I don't think it will suck since its Geoff Freaking Johns writing the episodes...hopefully the other writers won't have that much imput and let them take the reigns on this one.

16. Guy Gardener

Geoff will dumb it down. Then the cowriters will dumb it down. Then the producers will dumb it down. then the Notes from the network will dumb it down.

This is how Smallville is always made.

17. Admiral_Young

^ That seems unfortunately true...

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I must concur. Just because I'm the expert doen't mean I can't be critical anymore :D

19. Guy Gardener

Now that we have Green Arrow. How long till we meet Speedy and his hash pipe?

Imagine a kid half Justin's height outfitted in an identical but red uniform as Green Arrow.

Then of course, what we learned from Teen Titans (Animated) is that we can have Robin without Batman.

**Sigh**

This should have been happening 3 years ago.

20. Admiral_Young

^ The sad thing is I can imagine that happening for season nine. Maybe they introduce Roy in order to reinforce Ollie's quest or reason for being Green Arrow since there is suppossed to be an arc with him doubting himself. I'm all for Smallville having its own continuity I just wish that they'd knock off the uncessary kiddie drama. Its getting old.