MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The Braves appear to be a feast or famine type of team. Swept in Detroit. None of the starting pitchers seemed to be on in that series and Detroit was really swinging it. Important four game set with the Nationals coming up.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not worried about the Braves. The average temperature on the road trip was 38ยบ.

3. Use of Time

Well last night was huge in beating Strasburg with our number 5 guy. For some reason the only pitcher the Braves seem to struggle with on the Nationals is Detwiler. Hopefully Huddy gets win 200 tonight.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

...Out of all the teams the Yankees could have had their asses kicked by, did it have to be the fucking ASTROS? :brickwall:

At least the Mets had the common decency to drag it into the 15th inning and they only lost by 1. Plus, as the night wore on, Keith Hernandez got progressively more hilarious in the broadcast booth. :lol:

5. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. They usually whoop Strasburg. And I was there to see it. ;)

I noticed some changes at the Ted, The moved CFA and have two of those fancy hamburger stands, some other concession changes like free refill on souvenir cups (soft drinks only) And the Retired numbers over the visitor's bullpen are gone. They sit on different plaques between third and left.

6. Pondwater

:techman: And Huddy receives his 200th Win!!

And he had a HR to go with.

7. Use of Time

I love Gio and Strausburg but those guys wear their emotions on their sleeve. Both games against Atlanta this year they were having mini temper tantrums when they didn't get a call. That usually doesn't set a good tone with the home plate umpire.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reminds me of the Cubs catcher having to pull the home plate ump aside before the game and explain that Zambrano's not yelling, screaming and throwing a tantrum at the ump when he doesn't get the call. :rolleyes:

9. Use of Time

Oh yeah, Zambrano was an absolute volcano. The body language of Gio and Strausburg was so damned mopey its like they both quit in the first inning once a few runs were scored. A lot of head shaking and slumped shoulders. Gio was even laughing after Hudson hit a double of the left center field wall last night.

10. Obiwansolo18

Obiwansolo18 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

At least gio and strausburg have room to mature, unlike like doc and cliff killing me, how are the indians blowing them up (well doc is kinda expected but cliff notmso much). Everytime the phils get some good momentum on of the "three aces" make it dissapear. This season killing me so far.

11. Use of Time

Jordan Zimmerman is one of my sleeper picks to be in the Cy Young running this year. He is the exact opposite of Gio and Strausburg. He was getting squeezed all night but didn't bat an eye when he didn't get a call. He had the demeanor of a Tom Glavine last night. Just pounded the zone and mixed pitches, had Atlanta guessing all night.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Phillies superstar Ben Revere is currently sporting a .471 OPS.

Hell of a fuckin' trade there, Rube.

13. Use of Time

God watching B.J. Upton hit is painful. He's at the point now where he is going down on three straight pitches. I'm about ready to give Jordan Schafer some more playing time.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Not to pat myself on the back (well, okay, maybe a little bit), but this is what I had to say about the Upton signing after it happened:

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Just to cross-pollinate a little: anyone interested in Fantasy Baseball? We've got a Keeper league we've been running for like 6-7 years now, and need a replacement owner for MrCoaster, who's lost interest. Got some good parts, so you're not getting stuck with dregs. Even so, it's a Keeper League, so once you're in, the team is yours to work on year to year.

Any interest? Jump into the pinned thread and we'll set you up.

16. Pondwater

I might be looking at this from a weird point of view but it seems to me that BJ has a bunch of chips on his shoulders. :confused:

17. Pondwater

:shrug:Oy! Another blown save by Krimbel. Reds win with back to back HRs, the latter being a Walk Off.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Harvey took a perfect game into the 7th. Probably his best start all year. Bloody Alex Rios broke it up...

Oh well. Walk-off wins are also nice. Put THAT on the board, Hawk. :razz:

19. Ultima Thule

Ultima Thule Ensign Red Shirt

Chooing sounds like booing.

20. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find Hawk to be quite possibly the most annoying announcer ever.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.