The Game: Weasley and Leffler

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Hawkeye_90, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Hawkeye_90

Hawkeye_90 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That was Crusher's best episode and the character of Leffler was very good. My question is was their any talk of making her a permanent character? I know she did two epsidoes.

2. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

I don't like the actress so I'm glad it was just 2 episodes. She dumps on TNG when asked about it now so I doubt she'd have stuck around anyway.

3. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Wesley and Lefler.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

:lol:weasley

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Where?

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of glad 'Lefler's laws' didn't become a recurring thing.

7. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Should I edit the title to fix Weasley and Leffler? Naaaahhhhh.

Note to Hawkeye_90 - Its a good idea to at least spell the character names correctly.

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Not as bad as calling Sisko Cisco.

As for Judd, IIRC, she went "God, NO!" on Letterman or Leno when she was asked if she was gonna show up on one of the TNG movies as if it would be so horrible.

Wheaton shows up on TBBT time to time. I have no idea where Judd is these days. I think she should have shut up back then.

9. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Judd's career has hardly been up in lights. For all her protestations c.2002-ish, everybody has got a saturation point where they might consider doing something and just be happy for the work. I wonder if she'd still say 'God, NO!!!' today....

As for whether she was ever considered to be a ''regular'', the answer is no, but I don't doubt they might have been tempted to have her guest star a couple more times. It is documented that they considered having her appear alongside Wesley in 'Nemesis'.

I'd like to have seen her appear on Deep Space Nine. Maybe having her and Nog crash in a shuttle, and contrast her ''Lefler's Laws'' against the Ferengi ''Rules Of Acquisition'' as a means of surviving on a hostile planet and dealing with unfriendly natives. :devil: :guffaw: ;)

10. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish she had been the main character of the show! :p

Kor

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I disagree with much of Ashley's RL opinions, she's still in my top ten most beautiful, and the character of Lefler was a delight. I do wish she (and my other favorite 2-shot ensign, Lycia Naff as Ens Gomez), had done more episodes.

12. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

The scene in ready room where Picard takes that game from where ever he's hiding it and places it on his head, for me that was out of character moment, he's not the kind of guy who would try out something like that.

Or, maybe he did... or he was forced to.

13. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I don't like this episode, and don't really know Ashley Judd that well, so I don't know what I'm trying to say really.

Wesley's best episode was The First Duty.

(Yes, that will do.)

14. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I like Ensign Lefler, but I agree that the episode ''The Game'' I don't really like that much. I can see the vibe they were going for, but IMO it's just one of those episodes where for the threat to take hold so fast, it means everybody on the Enterprise must've been overdosing on stupidity pills. The captain included. It just makes all our lead characters look so incredibly shallow to have fallen for this game. But then again, given Deanna seems to get orgasms from eating chocolate moose, maybe the crew really are all that shallow. :D

Sure, we do get these contrived moments from time to time -- the ship being overtaken by a handful of Ferengi in ''Rascals'', for example, or the destruction of the ship in ''Generations'' which is about as far-fetched as you can get this side of somebody going from Starfleet Cadet to Captain Of The Flagship in the space of a few weeks -- but the Katarian take-over of the thousands of people aboard the Federation's flagship just seems to happen far too easily for my liking. :shifty:

15. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

She'll always be Triple Boobies to me:bolian:

16. Forbin

And to many of us! :lol:
    But I know her first as a beautiful dancer on Fame.

17. Hawkeye_90

Hawkeye_90 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Lol,I just noticed the spelling error. My bad.

18. Forbin

Spelling error?

;)

19. Binary

Binary Ensign Red Shirt

Lycia Naff is really cute. I've always liked her. It's a shame she only had 2 appearances. She may have been one of the people killed in 'Best of Both Worlds', when the Borg blasted engineering. LaForge did say, 'We lost a lot of good people down there'. She does get cast as hookers too often. She's the one who played Dixie in the first 'Lethal Weapon'.
    But, getting back to Ashley Judd. She wouldn't be the first actor too bash earlier roles, once they become well known.

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree with the OP. It was a fun episode, quite clever in some regards, and thought that Judd and Wheaton had good chemistry. It would have been nice if Lefler had been a reoccurring character, along the lines of Ro.

21. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]