How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

So she sees him off in the distance and he doesn't meet her then? Then the title of "How Your Mother Met Me" isn't really apt is it, because she doesn't physically meet him.

The point is, the episode title could mean anything, it's pointless this early in the game to be telling someone their wrong on their speculations.

2. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While not as good as the premiere episodes, this one did have some great moments.

I liked seeing Marshall's torture and the scotch bit was pure HIMYM. Robin and Barney's plotline was entertaining and I loved James' sacrifice, complete with the reference to the "Black Dude Dies First" cliche.

But the best part of the episode was Lily's butchering of one of the most recognizable, quoted, and greatest movie lines, ever:

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's probably a flashback showing her in his first (mistaken) college lecture as a teacher.

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I don't know why you guys are worried about the rest of the season. This show and the format it has been built upon for the last eight years opens up TONS of possibilities for the show to flash back, flash forward and to still give us every ounce of the wedding weekend with material to spare.

It's going to be just fine.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I love it honestly. Season 8 felt like going through the motions except for a few episodes at the beginning of the season a few episodes near the end. This is exactly the kind of change that the show needed to stay fresh (at least it feels that way to me).

And you're right, with all the flashbacks and flash forwards the show has employed over the years, they can do whatever they want in terms of narrative.

So far this is shaping up to me one of my favorite seasons...it's still early though. So we'll see.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The only time I ever thought the show wasn't firing on all cylinders was during the Stella marriage story and the entire season with the girl from Once Upon a Time. I really did not care for her. I thought last season was amazing.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Season 6 (the one with Jennifer Morrison) was a little rough. I liked it though, especially because it showed that Ted goes out of his way to please whoever he's attracted to, which is something he'll have to get past in order to start a real relationship with someone.

Plus I really loved the episode 'The Blitz.'

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

As I recall the other stories that year were fine it was just anything involving Ted and whatshername.

Actually, much as I hate to admit it, Ted would have to be my least favorite character on the show, though I still like him. I just get sick of the romantic drama...

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm saving every episode on my DVR so I can binge watch the entire season in one day at some point next summer.

10. ryan123450

Pretty good episode, but I want more of the Mother!

11. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I was disappointed that none of the women Robin approached was the mother.

12. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Yeah, I thought for sure that they were setting that up. I guess not though...

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ep 4 was better than Ep 3, but I too am sorely disappointed that Mother wasn't in it, and that she wasn't the next girl that Robin tried to befriend at the bar. Missed opportunity! Loved the return of the Bro Code.

14. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

But again, Robin probably already met the mother. She would have checked out the band....

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that she was an emergency last minute replacement?

Besides, this episode underlines that Robin doesn't "see" other women.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Put me down as another person who was thinking that was where they were going with the story.

Still, it wasn't a horrible episode, and I enjoyed seeing "The Karate Kid" again :p

17. ryan123450

I thought she was about to show up as well.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Looks like they found a way to keep Ranjit on the show.

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I need a "Thank you, Linus" supply for my Dr. Pepper. :lol:

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

$50 doesn't seem like enough money for the lip service Linus is delivering.

Methinks he just wants an excuse to follow around the most beautiful woman in the room?