‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Thanks for correcting me. Yeah that only makes the timeline with the Robins even more wonky.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Jason was not Dick's age. He was at least three to five years younger than Dick.

In the New 52 Dick becomes Robin when he's older. I think he was 15 and becomes Nightwing when he's 18. Jason is maybe a year younger. Tim is probably under 18 currently and became Red Robin a couple of years ago.

My theory is the Robins overlap. Batman always has one in the wings. Its possible all three were at Wayne Manor at the same time and have a brotherly relationship.

3. M.A.C.O.

^ In the Batman Hush storyline, Jeph Loeb wrote that Dick and Jason were the same age.

Pre and Post Crisis ages for Dick and Jason vary. Believe me I know. Since Death in the Family, Lonely Place of Dying and Batman Hush are all Post-Crisis stories; I was going with the last stated age.

4. Nerys Myk

You said "classic stories" so I thought you were talking about the Pre-Crisis version. Jason was often drawn as much younger than Dick.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's the SAME location as the first look at Batman Begins

[​IMG]

The green metal railing and the "X" support beams are the exact same

EDIT: The Superman VS Batman pic is a manip

6. M.A.C.O.

Ah that is my bad. Its all been so long ago. Hard to believe most of the comics from the 80's

New Teen Titans - When Dick left Bruce to become Nightwing and we got the first Jason Todd stories.

Uncanny X-Men (DOFP, Dark Phoenix Saga)

Legion of Superheroes (Great Darkness Saga)

Bronze Age: Justice League, Outsiders, John Byrne Fantastic Four, the first Black Suit Spider-Man issues!

All happened more than 30 years ago.

7. Nerys Myk

Good times. My "Golden Age"

8. M.A.C.O.

[​IMG]

Gal tweeted this photo. Maybe Supes and Wondy will have a tiny romantic angle in the upcoming BvS and JL movie.

9. M.A.C.O.

Superman Protestors for BvS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not sure if leaked movie photos or angry fans outside WB offices.

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Heh, love the sarcastic "Thanks for the 'help' (flames)" and "Return to Sender (Superman "S" symbol)" protest signs and Superman burning in effigy. While relevant to the story obviously, it's almost like Snyder is having a little fun with the fan backlash against certain elements of MoS as well.

12. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

It's almost as if the filmmakers were planning to address certain issues more fully in the next instalment of their story rather than giving perfunctory and superficial attention to those issues in the first instalment...nah, that couldn't be it. :lol:

13. M.A.C.O.

You know i just realized. This would be the 2nd time Snyder has shot a crowd of people protesting superheroes, where a superman effigy was burned.

LMAO

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5672Bn3BY[/yt]

14. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's really good that they're addressing this, rather than glossing it over. Had Supes "taken it outside" with Zod, there would have been a lot less destruction. No. It's not his fault that he ended up on earth, but he could have done some things a lot differently to avoid the mass destruction.

In the "real world" however, he'd have to do a hell of a lot to get back in the world's good graces... Even saving the planet might not be enough.. And, since these movies are more firmly rooted in "reality," imagine the lawsuits, not just against Superman (how do you sue Superman, anyway) but against the government,etc... It kind of boggles the mind...

I know that's been discussed already following the release of MoS, but still...

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the Thanks For The "Help" sign did crack me up. :D

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah in the real world there would certainly be a segment of the population that would continue to have a problem with him, but I think it's a stretch to say the world as a whole would think that way, especially after he starts flying around on a full time basis rescuing people and saving them from natural disasters, etc.

And in the real world we're kind of used to seeing a lot of collateral damage after major conflicts, so I think people would probably be a bit more understanding, and realize that Superman did the best he could at the time.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I do wonder, all the same, if this storyline or sub-plot for the movie has been inspired by the sort of discussion we've seen (and partaken in) online about the climax of MOS. I imagine it must have been - perhaps it's a little acknowledgement of sorts to the fans.

18. M.A.C.O.

Alledgedly there will be a scene filmed with Superman in front of Congress. Supes will be testifying about this actions and the destruction by his people in MOS.

While we have seen this trope used in
    TWS: With Black Widow
    IM2: With Tony and Rhodey
    X-Men: With Jean Grey

I think this is the 1st time since Jean testifying about Mutants and their rights; for us to get a solid scene about the the issues Superman brings up. MOS created the perfect climate for a person like Lex Luthor to play a on people fears and turn the public against Superman. Sort of like Senator Kelly turning public against the clear and present dangers mutants possess. Batman/Bruce Wayne can the the William Stryker analog. The person with resources and experience combating threats. Both Lex and Bruce are billionaires, so they have an inexhaustible amount of resources to dedicate to the "Superman Problem". I hope things shape up that way.

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And he was supposed to do this how exactly?

20. M.A.C.O.

Hey hey no need to fight guys.

Recall Superman did take the fight out of the city. In to space in fact. And it didn't change anything.
    [​IMG]

Superman fighting Zod is comparable Thor fighting Hulk, or Colossus fighting Juggernaut. Wherever they decide to throw down, is where the battle and all the collateral damage is going to be.