POSTHUMAN - T'Baio's Sci-Fi Web Series!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by T'Baio, Jul 14, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Congratulations. :bolian:

2. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

The Streamy Awards, one of the larger web series and web based entertainment awards shows, are now accepting fan submissions/nominations! I'd really appreciate if anyone and everyone out there who's enjoyed the show could help us out with some noms.

Go to http://www.streamys.org/enter/submission/fan-submission/ and nominate us for "Best Action/Sci-Fi Series" or "Best Drama Series," and especially help me support our cast with a "Best Ensemble Cast" nomination. You just have to enter our Twitter handle, which is @PosthumanSeries.

Thank you ever so much...all noms would be very much appreciated!

On another topic...why do action and sci-fi so often have to be combined like that? Why are they always so intertwined in public opinion? It's as ridiculous to me as the "Best Comedy/Musical" category at the Golden Globes. Sigh...

3. RJDiogenes

Because that's what the public is buying, especially these days. The movie and TV definition of "science fiction" is very different from the literary definition. You can pick up a copy of Analog and find an intriguing SF story on the premise of whether or not a genetically engineered pig would be kosher-- but a movie or TV show must have Explosions! Space battles! Ray guns! Retarded characters! And, of course, sets that look like factory basements and costumes that look like leather bondage gear. That's why Posthuman is such a breath of fresh air.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I just submitted my vote for Posthuman!

I have to echo RJ's sentiments regarding the current state of science-fiction. Honestly, I haven't been invested in a sci-fi show in a long time. I was even supremely disappointed by sci-fi's movie offerings this year (I'm looking at you, Prometheus).

So it's definitely refreshing for a show like Posthuman to come along, one that focuses on character and story. We need more sci-fi shows like this.

5. RJDiogenes

I forgot to mention that I did submit a couple of votes. :bolian:

6. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thanks for those wonderful comments, RJ. I also despise the fact that science fiction is so often reduced to laser beams, space ships and people fighting. While admittedly some of "Posthuman's" character focus is due to lack of budget, other than matte's of more futuristic cities or something, the show has not ever been envisioned as much different than it is right now. I'm really flattered when people say "Posthuman" is "real sci-fi." That's everything I've wanted it to be. So thank you to both you and JA. It really is so flattering.

And thanks everyone for the votes!

And JA...please, no mentioning of "Prometheus" ever again. Ugh.

Cheers, Guys!