WWE Cut-Fest

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Hermiod, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

WWE has "future endeavoured" Big Daddy V (the curse of the draft strikes again), Shannon Moore, Nunzio and Domino as well as referee Nick Patrick (who appears to be retiring due to back problems), developmental wrestlers James Curtis, Charles "The Hammer" Evans (original nickname there), Matt O'Neal and Brad Attitude and announcer Jonathan Coachman (who has gotten a new job on ESPN).

In other news, Randy Orton has again broken his collarbone in a motorbike accident and will be out for a further three months.

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only one I'm really surprised about is Nunzio, I thought by now he was a "lifetime" jobber in WWE just like Funaki who managed to survive every cutfest in the last decade or so.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Byebye Coachman? Wow. :lol:

4. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

didn't they just put him on Raw ?

5. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I thought Coachman's contract expired around now rather than him being cut?

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Same thing really. If they wanted to keep him they would have.

Big Daddy V had just moved from ECW to Smackdown but hadn't been used since Wrestlemania due to pneumonia and his need to lose weight.

Domino's former tag team partner Deuce moved to Raw in the draft also, and they broke Cherry away from them and turned her face so they had nothing for him. It was almost inevitable.

7. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

I think I'm the only person who will miss Big Daddy V. :(

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The problem is that while most wrestling fans have short memories, I remember little things like Viscera (as he was known back then) jobbing to Triple H in seconds on Raw one time.

9. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The bigger problem might be that some people like me remember the dreadful King Mabel main event run of Big Daddy V, and still haven't forgiven him for that. ;)

10. CaptainWacky

He was with the company, on and off, for over fourteen years. Quite impressive! Mo, on the other hand, faded into obscurity.

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Six more have been future endeavoured - Stevie Richards, Colin Delaney (huge surprise that one), Robbie (Derek Graham-Couch) and Rory McAllister (Russell Murray), Cherry (another surprise) and ECW referee Wes Adams.

In addition, it is almost certain that we will not see Mick Foley on Smackdown again. He is going to let his contract expire and most likely sign with TNA in a limited active wrestling role.

Plus, I suspect we may very well have seen the last of Carlito. Rumour is that he will return to Puerto Rico to run his own promotion.

12. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

I am just disappointed he won't go away, I am tired of Mick Foley
    Wow, this is sad. He was a good fun wrestler!

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^My money is on Matt Stiker getting the ECW announcing job permanently and Tazz being moved back to Smackdown.

Carlito was all ready to leave last year, but he dug himself out of the dog house and started winning matches again. However, he has yet to debut on Smackdown and he's reportedly very unhappy.

14. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Makes sense for Tazz

I wonder why the WWE isn't giving Carlito his push

15. CaptainWacky

I thought Stevie Richards was the type who'd have a job for life. :(

Cherry going is odd since she was one of the better female wrestlers on Smackdown (and they don't exactly have many.)

16. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Stevie Richards retiring? I thought he was one of the most bulletproof guys on the roster. Seeing him released is a bigger shock than just about any storyline the WWE has done in recent years.

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Jeff Hardy reportedly suffered a serious injury to his neck during the Smackdown/ECW tapings on Tuesday. He is still being advertised for Summerslam but it's unlikely that he will be able to perform.

18. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Thank God Carlito is going. He annoyed the SHIT out of me. I NEVER "got" him. Thankfully that is the last we see of his stupid beard and stupid hair and stupid apple-spitting gimmick.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Apparently the Jeff Hardy injury business was BS made up by a store where he was supposed to be doing a signing but had to cancel at the last minute.