Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Jul 8, 2008.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Potential Slayer Vi.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

i think she was the slayer that threw cheetos in to the dryer.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Terrible English accent. Always looked petrified. She was about a foot shorter too.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man I remember that episode now...it brings back memories. So there is a Buffy connection after all! I want a soundtrack as much as the DVD as well. I know you can download one or Joss is preparing one for Itunes but not for retailers, at least not yet.

5. Guy Gardener

Niel Patrick Harris Works with Allyson Hanigan on How I met Your Mother.

There would be social occasions where all their presences would overlap, I'd assume.

6. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I don't care for the "melodies" very much at all, but the lyrics are great.

The music is much too rock recitative for me and, like Rent, becomes lost in its sameness after awhile as an entire score. Individual songs are great in small doses, but too many weaken the music.

--Ted

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

You're probably thinking of Molly or Annabelle, who both had the bad English accents. Thankfully they both came to gruesome ends.
    Tony Head should have given them a lesson or two!

Vi/Felcia Day spoke in her normal voice, and appeared in 6 episodes through Season 7

8. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Not just one - Nathan played Caleb in the final season of Buffy, and the newscasters are David Fury and Marti Noxon, who not only were producers on the show, but also appeared in OMWF (David as "Mustard Man" and Marti as "Parking Ticket Woman" ("Hey, I'm not wearing underwear ..." :techman:)).

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ And as I mentioned earlier, Buffy writers Doug Petrie and Drew Goddard were on the Evil League. Petrie as Professor Normal, and Goddard as Fake Thomas Jefferson

10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Not sure what you mean by that last sentence - isn't a musical, by definition, a collection of individual songs? I don't necessarily mean Joss could or should write the score, but it's not unusual to see a musical where the score and the songs are written by different people, separately or cooperatively (Tarzan, for example, where Phil Collins wrote the songs and Mark Mancina wrote the score).

As for the songs in Dr. Horrible, I liked them all, to varying degrees, with Brand New Day and On the Rise probably being my favorites; I also like the depth of the finalé, and found myself replaying that song many times last night at home.

11. PsychoPere

Not everything needs a sequel, even if we can imagine myriad ways to continue the story.

A MySpace bulletin posted by the Dr Horrible page a little while ago:

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually if it were possible I wouldn't mind a Evil League of Evil Sing A Long Blog Featuring Dr. Horrible!! A web comic or an actually comic would be fantastic as well.

13. Guy Gardener

14. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

15. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

I waited too long for the stream... is the price of the iTunes download going to come down at some point? I feel kind of exploited having to pay 2 bucks for each act...

16. Guy Gardener

Seduced. You feel seduced. It's only certainly exploitation if you don't feel you got your money's worth on the other end of the viewing. Considering the eventual price of the DVD plus postage and packaging... 6 dollars is still a bargain.

17. PsychoPere

Is the season pass option gone now? A couple days ago, it was still available and that was how I ended up purchasing the show (at $3 total).

18. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

ACT IV is coming! From http://doctorhorrible.net/dr-horrible-act-iv/172/

19. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't mind it if they included the soundtrack with the DVD, I don't really think it is worth purchasing the DVD and the CD with the tracks. Maybe not an actual CD, but have it so you can easily rip/copy the soundtrack from the DVD to your computer.

20. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

That's awesome news about a new episode. I bought the Season pass last night so all 4 episodes will have cost a total of $4. $1 an episode is an absolute steal. I'd spend 3 times that for the quality of entertainment we got with this show.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008