Lost 5x12: "Dead is Dead"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 8, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.2%
  2. Above Average

20.8%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Widmore and Hawking were Natives. Widmore was wearing a US Army uniform just like the other 2 guys with him to infiltrate and exterminate any surviving Army soldiers. We also know that Widmore and "Ellie" were co-commanders in 1977 which to me means they're married, but in present day they seem seperated. Widmore knew where she lived, but he wanted to return to the Island and she knew how so clearly she refused to let him back.

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Speaking of making Ben look younger... I was watching LazyTown the other day, and I couldn't help but notice the resemblance:

[​IMG][​IMG]

:bolian:

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ What was up with that picture of Ben in the office? I hope we find out. I forgot about it.

4. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OKAY! I remember now. Sorry, the back-and-forth time travel stuff messes with my head on this show. Thanks! :techman:

Interesting! I wonder if we'll get their full story? And I wonder why she wouldn't go back and/or won't let him? Is it because he cheated on her with someone else, thus producing Penny? And if Faraday's other is Ellie, then is his father someone other than Widmore?

I'm sure the answers will come with the Faraday episode.

Thanks for the info guys! I would love to hear anything more you can see that I can't... :techman:

5. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

^thus perhaps Ellie was banned too? For having Daniel with someone outside the others? She's been trying to find the island too.

Hmmm...Ellie sent back the 06, and Widmore sent back Faraday, Miles and Charlotte (as well as Reamy & Co.)

6. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Yes, although "Natives" is an iffy description, in the limited sense that it's not completely clear how long the Others had been around in 1954, and whether they'd all grown up on the Island or if some were recruited from the outside world. They can't have all been living there for centuries, because then how does one explain the fact that they have a wide variety of accents?

Also, I'm not necessarily sure that Widmore and Hawking being "co-commanders" automatically means they were married. Though, sure, it's a possibility.

7. The

I'm curious....Rousseau and Sayid found "Henry Gale", right? Why didn't she remember he was the one that took Alex? Was it too dark for her that night? Writing discrepancy?

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Danielle is very clear that he is "one of them" and will "lie for a long time" when she first captures him. And she IS certifiably nuts.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I've started using the term "Native" instead of "Others", since "Others" is a 2004 Lostie term and Dharma called them "Hostiles" or "Natives".

10. The

Yeah, you're right, fair enough... :techman:

11. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok so I voted in the wrong thread with the spelling error - duh me. But here was my two pennies on the episode.

I voted excellent because we got 'answers' regards the smoke monster and I thought its judgement of Ben was a very cool scene that made the Monster seem very scary and it harked back to Eko's death and the time he was confronted by the Monster and we saw the images within the smoke.

We always knew it was tied to the Island and this showed just how much so and unlike the impression before were we thought Ben could control it we see he really was scared by it and had no control but merely could summon it.

Still its motivations are vague and scary. Was Ben spared in his judgement because it judged him right, did it want Alex dead afterall and the fact he allowed her death to occur meant he was freed. Or was it because Penny was spared by Ben in the end. Which was another bit of a cop out bu the writers. Sorta glad but at the same time. Or will Ben merely get a stay of execution. Eko did eventually get thrashed badly by the Monster in the end.

Plus we [think we] know Ben doesn't know the others were in Dharma back then. Obviously a reset button but he did go back to the Dharma village so is it the case they were not there? Has La Fleur and Kate's actions jepordised their standing in Dharmaville?

Plus Locke really seems to have the will of the island.

One nitpick is that Widmore's banishment was a bit lame.

Is the Temple what lies in the shadow of the statue? Didn't think the statue cast much of a shadow nowadays.

Want to see the Temple now. Really would love if we could find out about that far off civilisation. The whomever others from Ancient times.

12. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do think the Alex Danielle Ben thing was a bit hasty and yes it does seem to ignore what went before. But I don't want to nitpick this episode as I loved seeing the whole Monster bit.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Excellent episode. Of course I didn't expect less from a Ben and Locke heavy episode. ;)

Glad Ben screwed up his assassination attempt on Penny.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Wait a minute, you watch LazyTown, really?

15. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Excellent - I do like Dharmaville but this episode seemed much more interesting than what we have had for the past few weeks. It's down to Ben and Locke really. When those two crazy kids get going I just end up enthralled. :techman:

I loved the Ben flashbacks. He didn't know Danielle had a baby, and Widmore wanted baby Alex dead? Charles' hands get more and more dirty. Yet I wonder if he will be involved in a potential Desmond return to the island, to avenge Penny? I know she isn't dead (thank the maker! :D) but surely he's pissed.

Whatever has happened to the nuCrash survivors is very creepy. They could be working for Widmore, or they could be infected with whatever infected Danielle's crew. 'What lies in the shadow of the statue?' :eek: :lol:

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^i still think they're working for Ben, like his encounter with Ilana, seemed kind of like "Hey what's in the case?" What he really means is, "hey is everything going to plan?" "Ok, you have a nice day!" means "OK! Carry on!" do you know what I mean?

I doubt their infected by the sickness, because for all we know now, that's Smoke Monster's doing, but who knows.

Another possibility is that they could be working for The Economist, don't remember if it was confirmed if The Economist was actually Charles Widmore.

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Sportacus is Jacob. :angel: