Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Really? Hmm... was that with Deluxe Media Management? I've never had that experience with them through email -- of course, this time I called them and personally gave my info to a person so I knew they had it.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The person who I talked to said that the discs were being shipped out on August 10th (Last Friday) and it should take 5 business days. If there's nothing by Friday or next week, I might give an update, but I kind of thought some people might have gotten discs a bit early. While the weekend aren't business days, the Mail still runs on Saturday, at least in the US.

3. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got an email saying they shipped, I forget who handled those replacements but I think it was through Universal.

-Chris

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Were they being shipped by USPS or UPS/FedEx or some other parcel company?

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They didn't say, but I would assume your standard mail.

6. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

A fortnight ago and early partof last week I was concerned. At £50.99 I want to make sure I get a perfect set.

But once I got the email from Play.com saying they are issuing me with a new set I am comfortable in the waiting game now. I know it is coming now where as last week I was not sure what was happening.

7. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

We're all in the same boat here (at least in the US). Hold tight until next week everyone.

8. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I just double checked EAF and there is a tiny amount of voice leakage into my front right speaker, but unless you put your ear right next to the speaker, it sounds like all the voices re coming from the center speaker.

But aside from EAF and the binar episode, what are the other 5 episodes tht "apparently" have this issue?

9. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

The affected episodes are:

"Encounter at Farpoint"
    "Hide and Q"
    "Haven"
    "The Big Goodbye"
    "Datalore"
    "11001001"
    "Too Short a Season"

10. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris

11. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.

12. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Only used HMV because it was a tenner cheaper than Amazon, next time I wont be such a penny picker. There's a gulf between them in service quality.

13. NewHorizon

Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. :)

14. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You get a complete new set, I get... well, I don't know what I'm getting, they haven't told me. I think just a few discs replaced, I'm not sure.

That's why I'm :scream: :confused: :brickwall: :klingon: :sigh:

15. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow so they have already replaced and sent the the full new version of the season 1 sets to retailers like Amazon?? That was extremely fast. Now if only we could get our replacement discs soon!

16. NewHorizon

I sure hope it's the corrected set, that's what the customer service rep told me when I spoke to them. I made sure I asked the rep if this would be the corrected set and they assured me that it would be. *fingers crossed*

17. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Hm, just received a mail from Amazon.de. They actually want you to send in all defective discs, before sending out the replacements. After hearing how well this is handled in the US, I'm kinda pissed I actually have to take action first. Why don't they just send them to me? This sucks. :rolleyes:

18. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got off the phone with Deluxe.

I was told replacement discs are now not going out until September.

I had been concerned because I never got confirmation that my email submission to get replacement discs was received or complete.

The guy I talked to was friendly enough, but he could not find my email submission and took my information again.

I was told they have "over 3,000" requests for replacement discs.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Huh. Thats counter to any experience I've had with Amazon and handling defective items/exchanges. Usually they send you the replacement out right away. Hell, when I had to do an exchange on something I got the replacement the next day before I could even send back the defective item!

20. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, my, god, dude. Seriously, grow up and stop whining. You are gonna have a full, complete working set. Just. Like. Everyone. Else.