Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

The first two episodes of the season have been pretty mediocre by Community standards, but their seasons always start off pretty weak.

I have faith their Halloween episode will be another great one and should kick the season into high gear.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Halloween episode seems to the be one that really kicks all the season's plot points into gear. I wonder if Abed will dress up as "The Inspector"!??

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this weeks episode was really wiered. and a very chang episode at that.

4. Admiral_Young

Missed the episode last night. Will check it out later today.

5. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another episode showing that they really do hate each other.

These episode really take the fun out of the show.
    But I did like Chang's faux noir storyline at least. Man, he's crazy! :lol:

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

And deserve each other.

I thought it was ok... clearly they are trying to find SOME reason to keep him around.

7. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From my perspective, it was another good episode (the main storyline was probably the best executed of the season so far) that once again ground to an absolute halt during the Chang scenes. Week after week, he drops this show from an A down to a B-. Frustrating.

8. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only seen the first two eps but I've been pretty underwhelmed by them. The resolution to the cliff-hanger was pathetic, why even bother if its just going to be a mindless reset within 30 seconds?

Seems to be a bit of rehashing: Britta isn't as edgy was done in like the second ep of season 1, Britta ruins things in season 2 (I'm sure Troy said he'd give her more leeway back then as well), Jeff needs the group has been done several times as well.

Anyway, hoping it will pick up as the season moves on.

9. Admiral_Young

It's looking more and more like they're saving their main season arc stuff for Halloween. It's what they've done the past two seasons.

10. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My fiancee and I think the show just gets funnier and funnier every season. *shrugs*

11. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

it's been okay so far... troy and pierce have gotten better so far. i'd like to see more jeff goodman or have omar doing omar stuff... those two characters seem ripe for abed stories...

chang... really, i wish he'd just be written off. season 2 did a lot of damage to the character. making him a security guard doesnt really put him in an authoritative position (at least not the way they have portrayed the security guards there), and any authority is greatly undermined when they cut away to deal with his very sad, very pathetic personal life. Dump Chang and bring back Professor Duncan.

12. Admiral_Young

John Oliver hasn't gone anywhere...he just has a really busy schedule.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, Chang either needs to go back to being a professor or go altogether. I really never understood why the group didn't just take second year Spanish and keep him around that way...or have him turn out to be the anthropology professor also.

14. Admiral_Young

^ That would have actually made sense. I've never been a fan of the character and they seem to be doing their damnest to make us like him.

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought he was very funny as the obnoxious and hateful Spanish teacher who bullied students. But not as the meek and sorrowful failure who begs to pal around with students.

16. Admiral_Young

Yeah. They've done a good job of making Chang a pathetic and unsympathetic character. Knowing the show though...maybe that's their point with him?

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I love community, I really really do. Having said that though, the first 3 episodes of this season have been really disappointing. Not completely devoid of humor mind you, they've had a few funny bits, but overall the episodes have not been solid like they have been in the past. The dynamic seems to have been fudged around with somewhat but I can't put my finger on what exactly has changed.

Also, no biology rap? The fuck?!!?!

18. Admiral_Young

Britta and Jeff have changed because of their messing about last year. Pierce's hijinks disrupted the group. Shirley is a mom now. Troy and Abed are roomies! Troy and Britta were hinted at having some kind of antagonistic romantic tension between them. Annie kissed Abed spontaneously and we have Chang trying to insert himself into the group with annoying after annoying antics. Not to mention Jeff and Annie being unresolved. There group dynamic has evolved and changed, become more chaotic as things have progressed. Basically complications have crept up. They're not just simply "friends" in a study group any more.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

As a ELGO fan I loved the whole part with the Bio teacher talking about what happened to basic LEGOs.

However I have high standards for Community and so far it's not living up to it.

20. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching this show over the last few weeks and I feel that there's something important I must point out: I am not laughing at Magnitude, I'm laughing with Magnitude. He is simultaneously the stupidest and best character on the show. Keep on pop-popping. :techman:

I don't have high standards for Community, it's a reasonably solid show with some great episodes thrown into the mix, and season 3 has so far been about what I expect from the show. I actually thought that the most recent episode was quite good, and I think that Todd was great.

But my opinions are apparently weird because I absolutely hated Chang when he was in a position of authority in season 1 and absolutely loved him as a pathetic nobody in season 2. :shrug: