Quintet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by teeth_03, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

In reference to this thread, the mods are under the impression I am trying to sell something:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=214639

But in all honesty, I just wanted to spread the word about this cool trek-like game you can play (for free) right now, in your web browser or iOS device.

http://quintet.us

5 People 1 Ship

If the mods feel the need to stop me from talking about something free, I would at least like the chance to figure out what exactly rule this is breaching, and have a chance to discuss it. I'm just looking for people to try out the game because its pretty fun, and even though it isn't a Trek game, it is in spirit.

Thanks guys

2. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I suspect this will get locked too, but as you can't PM a mod directly for clarification at your rank, essentially you were attempting to solicit money (via the Kickstarter campaign) for a product.

3. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

Hence, why this thread, I'm not saying anything about the KS, and just trying to point out the free game that is playable right now.

It isn't my game, its fun, it just doesn't have a lot of players, and I'm just trying to point to game out to any Trek fans so they can give it a try. Its in early development so things are getting added and changed.

Being able to be part of a group controlling just 1 ship is something I thought about years ago would be cool, I think it was in the early STO concepts but then got canned.

Despite it not being a Trek game, i feel it has more potential than many of the recent trek games like Legacy . It is an interesting co-op experience for sure.

4. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

Now that the kickstarter is over, I should be able to freely talk about the game without seeming like I'm trying to sell something....

Anyway, give the game a try guys, there is a beta for a new version you can find the link to on the main site, and a new version will be out in a few weeks with an official android version. I have a beta of the android version and it plays fine on my Nexus 7.

There will also be a OUYA version as well, as soon as the Dev gets the control issues figured out.

The game is fun, but it still does not have many concurrent players, so I'm trying to spread the word about the game.

5. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

I followed the link and now it doesn't look like a sales pitch, so will allow.

Best of luck trying to get new players.

6. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

Thank you kind sir!

7. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

*bump for recognition*

We are having Quintet game nights on Mondays at 10 PM EST time. There has been some nice additions to the game since the KS ended, so I'm hoping anyone reading this will give it a try.

The Dev is also a pretty cool guy, he hops on and plays with us all the time.

8. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

^^^ Thread bumping is against the rules - I've decided to lock the thread as nobody has really responded in a positive light to your proposal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.