Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I totally love your explanation for Dulmur's first and middle names, by the way. :guffaw:

2. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Has anyone given thought to the casting of Leej Terrell from the Millennium trilogy? I recently reread it, and I heard her lines with Carolyn Seymour's voice. Granted, that may have just been because I'd just finished a sidequest involving her character in Mass Effect 2 around the time I read it...

3. Zman1

Zman1 Captain Captain

I was reminded about this thread when I posted http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=144788 I think that a CGI Soloman voiced by Michael Shanks sounding remarkably like Thor from SG1

4. starri

starri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just popping in with one of my own, from Kevin Dillmore's "Hard News" from Declassified, and even though I know Tim Pennington is supposed to be based on Ewan McGregor, in my mind he's always looked like David Tennant.

As a result, his new partner in crime, Amity Price, looked an awful lot like Freema Agyeman in my mind, to the point that I kept thinking her name was Amity Jones.

5. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Glad to hear you say that. In my head, Pennington has always been David Tennant.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never thought of that one, but I like it. I might have to give it a try when I get to "Hard News".

7. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finished Children of the Storm recently, and have come up with a couple of casting ideas for it. I thought of Tracy Scoggins as Captain Regina Farkas of the Quirinal (typecasting I know since she has already portrayed a space captain over on Babylon 5), whilst for some reason I thought of Britt Ekland as Dr. El'nor Sal (it mentions something about having Viking ancestory and I thought Ekland had the right look for the character, both in terms of ethnicity and age).

8. Elliott Riker

Elliott Riker Cadet Newbie

9. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Re: Voyager - Children of the Storm - Novel

You may want to post this in the sticky thread at the top that is dedicated to casting the various novels...

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

and you totally got Cambridge wrong.

11. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

I don't like to jump on anyone's head picture but I have to agree in this case. Personally this is the actor I picture when I read Cambridge... [​IMG]

12. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

I'm baffled how anyone can see Cambridge as not Hugh Laurie.

13. Stoek

*laughs and shrugs* It's just not the picture that formed in my head from first encountering the character. HL is certainly a valid choice but just not the one that naturally came to me.

14. captcalhoun

HL is the author's choice and who his mannerisms are clearly based on...

15. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which does not make him "right." Characters can come across very differently to an audience member than an author intended, after all.

16. captcalhoun

Word of God says he's Hugh, so he's Hugh. once case where i'm sticking with Authorial Intent.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He shares the actor's first name and his surname comes from Mr Laurie's university.

18. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally,I'm not going any farther with the Voyager relaunch but the Dr.Cambridge/Dr.House thing seems pretty shameless to me.

Actually mentioning Shameless,will the new DS9 crew feature a drunken scrounger?

19. Stoek

Um... Out of curiousity, are you meaning not farther as in not reading any more? And could you explain the reference since it's really really lost on me. TIA.

20. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

/\Yeah,the Voyager relaunch didn't impress me for several reasons but I guess that's my problem.

"Shameless" is a British comic/drama tv series about a family of, well,drugged-up,pissed-up welfare louts in Manchester(?).
    It has been remade in the states and stars William H. Macy.