Hercules/Xena (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by kirk55555, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I also disliked Eve. More so because I didn't like the 25 year jump into the future.

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? :vulcan:

I thought season 5's Mavicam and season 6's Varia were much more annoying. :p

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I feel your pain. As others say, they do have her learn to fight and learn from Xena, however, it always felt like attachments to the underlying 'Annoying Girl' in the way her becoming an Amazon Princess was. Whatever she learned just didn't seem to gel or come from the character in any way that felt a natural development. I could never imagine why Xena would put up with her. Joxer was more believable as a soulmate for Xena.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. I don't know what the writers were thinking with her.

"I just killed the beloved comic relief of the series. But it's okay, because some sunlight hit my face and I'm good now and you're supposed to feel sorry for me. Now watch Xena kill a bunch of fan favourite gods to save my worthless ass."

Eve wasn't only a bad character and a total ripoff of Callisto, but every moment she was on screen was a living reminder of where the once great show went horribly, horribly wrong.

5. JanewayRulz!

Honestly?

Gabrielle was the teenager Xena never got to be. I think that was one of the reasons why Xena so jealously guarded Gabrielle's blood innocence.

Not only was she a way to relive Xena teen years without the evil overlay, the teen was a breath of fresh air for the former warlord since Gabrielle wasn't afraid of Xena the way all the villagers were whenever they rode into town.

Gabrielle made Xena smile and laugh and distracted her from the impossible mission Xena set for her life.

What else could a former marauder want in a sidekick?

6. Gov Kodos

Honestly and for truly. The character never worked for me. I truly thought 'Yes, About Time!' at that scene in Bitter Suite. Given the darkness of Xena's world, the Panglossian optimism of Gabrielle was irksome. She always felt like a character that should be on Hercules with its more winsome view of heroes and life rather than Xena.

7. Janeway’s Girl

What is your opinion of Joxer? I know he was used for comic relief and was a terrible klutz but I loved him! Sometimes I liked him more than Gabrielle.

8. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Xena and Star Trek has met before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaTCEC_rd0[/yt]

9. Gov Kodos

I liked Joxer. As occasional comic relief he was fine. He seemed for Xena to be like the brother she'd lost in a lot of ways.

10. JanewayRulz!

I love it when Jeri knocks on the armor plating and Lucy claims "Its the only way I can compete (with Jeri)."

Love this Xena/SW's/STV/BSG crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o4U_u1_JKk

Xena Year 3000.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o4U_u1_JKk[/yt]

There was a Xena/Janeway video at one time, but alas it got deleted years ago.

I think its time for the boys (or Amy Farrah Fowler) on TBBT to start fantasizing about Xena:WP since they've already done the Star Trek and nuBSG thing to death. ;)

11. Janeway’s Girl

If Xena and Janeway were to team up they would be an unstoppable force! Between Janeway's sharp mind and Xena's "many skills". Hells Yeah!

Awesome video J'Rulz!

12. Janeway’s Girl

I agree. I think his name was Lycius. I kind of always thought he deserved better than Meg. He should have got together with Gabby's sister, Lila.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Watch the spoilers. Remember that this is a first-time watchthrough thread.

14. Janeway’s Girl

Oops! Sorry!

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Mother of All Monsters (Hercules) - This was a decent episode. A warrior with a grudge against Hercules teams up with the Echidna (the mother of a lot of the monsters Hercules has killed, like the Hydra) to get revenge. This was ok, although a guy trying to get to Hercules through his mother was kind of creepy. The mother of all monsters looked pretty cool.

16. kirk55555

The Other Side (Hercules) - This was an awesome episode. To save the world from an enraged Demeter, Hercules must go to the realm of Hades to rescue Demeter's daughter, Persephone. Once there, he also has a very well done reunion with his dead family. Basically every part of this episode is just great. It has some good action, Hades is interesting, and the scenes with Hercules and his family were very good. The only problem I have is that I know that, in the actual mythology, Hades and Demeter are siblings, which would make his love for Persephone creepy, although admittedly not unusual for the greek gods :lol: Overall, this was just great.

17. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I nominate Echidna for "Most Over-the-Top Overacting by a Fantasy Monster Villain in a Goofy Syndicated Fantasy Show".

18. kirk55555

The Black Wolf (Xena) - This was a good episode. The story was interesting, we got to see Salmoneus (and he was as entertaining as always) and Gabrielle only had a little screen time (and she was decent when she was on screen).

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts (Xena) - This was ok. Gabrielle's sub plot with her ex-fiance was boring and pointless, which is normal for a sub plot involving Gabrielle. The side characters inthis were a little annoying, but not terrible.The episode does completely ignore Hercules in the Lost Kingdom, which had already used Troy, and it was completely different (its was the TV movie that had Rene O'Connor as proto Gabrielle, who became Queen of Troy), but its not a huge deal.

19. JanewayRulz!

You're a Salmonius fan, eh?

I liked this exchange in the prison.

Salmonius: (to Xena) “She’s your friend. She’s your friend? You have a friend? What is she... a warrior, (He squeezes Gabby's biceps) huh?”

Gabrielle: “Hey, hey! Back off!"

(Xena is smiling as her "little sister" cows Sal... like a chihuahua barking loudly)

Gabrielle: "You know, you wouldn’t be in here in the first place if you had kept your hands off my tomatoes.”

(Xena's smile at Sal turns to shock at Gabby then turns again to a scowl at Sal!)

Salmonius: (He KNOWS what that look means!) “I can explain that!” :guffaw:

20. Janeway’s Girl

I love that dialogue! I wish Salmoneous had been in more Xena episodes. He was great in "... Here She Comes... Miss Amphipollis" too.