Doctor Who 50th Crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Hey guys...

In honor of Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary this weekend, I made up a couple of images that I just thought would look neat.

I was actually surprised that they're aren't many pictures of the Enterprise with the TARDIS, and none that I could find with Klingon ships!

[​IMG]

1920x1080: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpaper/EnterpriseTardis_HD.jpg

[​IMG]

1920x1080: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpaper/OncomingStorm_HD.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy them. I'm going to be thinking of somewhere else to put my new TARDIS model... any ideas? :)

-Ricky

2. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

The deck of the aircraft carrier Intrepid next to the space shuttle.

3. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

The brig from STID.

4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seeing these and considering your "prime alternative" Enterprise makes me wonder how you would design the TARDIS console and control room.

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome Arts :)

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Having he Tardis chameleon circuit change it into a turbolift, with Picard walking into the Tardis control room by mistake would be interesting.

8. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks guys. Getting pretty excited now, for the 50th Anniversary Episoe today. :) I hope we get something like this for Trek's 50th, in a couple years!

I was actually thinking about that the other day, when we were watching some Tom Baker episodes. I think the latest design is just about perfect, with the exception of the combination lock type thing above the console.

That is an awesome idea. :)

-Ricky

9. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm not too ecstatic with the counter rotating carousel elements near the ceiling. You need either a wide angle shot or an upward aimed shot to get them in frame to clearly demonstrate the craft is in motion. With a more traditionally "bobbing" central cylinder, one can have tighter shots and still get the moving elements into frame.

Now, the console itself I LOVE as it harkens to the kind of control boards depicted in the classic series. The illuminated plinth really sets off the piece. If only the outer perimeter walls had traditional inset glowing roundels, I'd really love the arrangement. (Oh, I do rather like the railing mounted stations. It adds visual interest and provides for for dramatic poses the centrally located console alone just can't provide.

Oh, speaking of roundels, I don't think it's too bad a "spoiler" to say a few panels of the deeply set Hartnell era type walls make a brief appearance in "Day of the Doctor" and the characters comment favorably about them.

Sincerely,

Bill