Baker & Ward together again for Big Finish

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by VDCNI, Nov 13, 2013.

1. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From the new Doctor Who Magazine

Tom Baker, Lalla Ward and John Leeson are to appear in adaptations of the Missing Adventures novels 'The Romance of Crime' and 'The English Way of Death', to be released in January 2015 in a boxed set called 'The Fourth Doctor...by Gareth Roberts'. Roberts' other novel, 'The Well Mannered War' is also in line for adaptation at a later date. The scripts have been adapted as four-parters by John Dorney and guest stars include Terrence Hardiman and Michael Troughton

Baker, Ward and Leeson will also appear together in the eight-part fifth series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures in 2015.

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

That's interesting. I imagine they won't be recording together.

3. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They weren't. But it won't be the first time a Doctor/companion trio haven't recorded at the same time - Sheridan Smith recorded separately from Paul for Grand Theft Cosmos and I don't think it's noticeable at all.

Of course, conversely Anthony Head recorded his lines on his own for the Excelis trilogy and I would argue that in that case there was a dissonance.

Still great news :techman:

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Okay first time a Doctor/Companion have recorded differently because they hate each other's guts :)

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Sweet Zombie Jesus! Fantastic news!

With both Gallifrey and Companion Chronicles ending, I was worried we had heard the last of Lalla Ward. Perhaps a little further motivation for Lalla to do this? That being said, I've read that she was open to doing audio plays with Tom, although I'm sure they'll record separately. I'll be interested in what they'll each say in the extras...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were married over thirty years ago and both admit it was a mistake. Surely time heals wounds enough for them to at least work together again? It would be weird seeing promo material for this having the typical "cast photo" we've seen in other BF pictures to not have them together...

Mark

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And Time also Wounds all Heels ;)

Yea, he's 79, and seems to be grateful for the work. Lalla's 62 and doesn't seem to be doing any TV or movie work, so, probably also grateful to have more work now that Gallifrey Adventures has finished up. So, yea, it would be odd at their ages, to not be able to put that all behind them in order to make a living.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  9. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe now they could do Shada, properly? :D Seriously though, this would've been as good an opportunity as any.

That said, thrilled to see them have a go at audio stories. Are the said adaptations full cast audio dramas, or are they narrated as well?

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shada was done proper with 8.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Both the novel adaptations and season five of The Fourth Doctor Adventures will be full cast.

12. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unfortunately.