Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Allyn Gibson, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just a warning for those waiting for the trade...as reported before in the thread...it's going to be costly. $80 bucks or so, although I've seen it on sale on Amazon Canada for $54 right now. Oh, even cheaper for you guys right now on pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-X-Me...=1345101257&sr=8-1&keywords=Avengers+Vs+X-Men

As for Emma and Scott, I believe issue 11's cover has shown them engaging each other in conflict or battle. This has kind of been foreshadowed since 9 where Emma conveyed to Scott she feared she was losing control and he basically didn't listen to her and flew off to confront Hope.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That has to be the hard cover?

Or is it packed with a lot of crossover material?

How long till the Essential Avengers vs. X-men comes out?

3. Admiral_Young

That's the hardcover, it contains Avengers Vs X-Men 0-12, AVX 1-6, plus Avengers Vs Infinite (the digital series) #1, 6, and 9. I think one of these issues has Cyclops talking to the holographic Jean Grey he created on the moon or something.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah that was pretty weird that the new Avengers ish took place several issues ago in the main series. Maybe they should have released that before the standalone Hulk issue.

I find it hard to believe that only Spider-Woman can survive the Phoenix telepathic assault. Or was it Xavier, I forget...

5. Guy Gardener

Just Xavier.

He said "Sleep" so every one else but Jessie "Slept".

Plenty of the Avengers would have had the S.H.I.E.L.D. brand psi-shields, but what she had that they didn't was Hydra brand Psi-shields.

Jessica was double bagging.

Then of course Jessica was born on Wungador Mountain within spitting distance of the high Evolutionary... I'm just waiting to find out that she's a clone of Wanda Maximoff who was also born on Wungador mountain... Raised, born? Her nurse maid was a cow lady, these things happened!

Point is, that girl is the High Evolutionaries Jack in a Box.

Shit is going to get real.

6. Admiral_Young

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

They would need to accurately translate the feeling of inconsistency the reader gets by having a different author on each book. Randomly changing voice actors would take care of that.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think the feeling of inconsistency is deliberate.

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I realize that. But I think the viewer should be able to experience everything the reader does.

10. Admiral_Young

Why would they deliberately translate the feeling of inconsistency in a motion comic adaptation? That doesn't make sense at all. When I made my suggestion, I did so (a little sarcastically) but with the intention that a motion comic would improve upon and correct that inconsistency. Not duplicate it. I would not be interested in it if it did that.

11. Hound of UIster

If the inconsistency is one of the strengths of AvsX then perhaps yes, but I strongly doubt it. The likely course is for the person handling the adaptation to smooth over, patch up and simplify the inconsistencies.

12. Admiral_Young

^ Precisely.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I was just going for a bit of humor. I failed miserably, I see. Nothing new there ;)

14. Admiral_Young

It would be funny if there was something amusing about this book's inconsistency problems, unfortunate there is not :) It's probably the number one flaw of the event...and what's keeping it from being awesome.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Is any massive crossover consistent in the characterizations in the tie-ins versus the main series? Look at Iron Man in Civil War :lol:

16. Guy Gardener

It's the editors job to kick the shit out of the assistant editors to gently massage and manipulate the writers to become beholden to a singular vision.

Writers fight this.

17. Admiral_Young

Tony was pretty much an ass hole during the entirety of Civil War. Maybe JMS in the Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins he was toned down a bit. Otherwise though he was pretty consistent.

18. Hound of UIster

This entire project was the vision of Marvel editorial to transition into the new creative teams. The inconsistency is their fault for the seeming lack of communication and coordination between the various creators.

19. Guy Gardener

Well early on, Stark was smug about doing the right thing.

Which is permissible.

Later when it was pretty clear that he was wrong, he still thought he was right, and was just as smug about it.

Which is delusional.

Captain America was just about as equally tunnel visioned.

Attacking S.H.I.E.L.D. and Iron Man in defense of his point was stupid.

Attack Washington.

Take and hold the White House.

Honestly.

What contingencies does the secret service have for when the Avengers go bad?

Which again is stupid.

In the dead of night, while they're sleeping, you replace or brain wash most to all of congress to control the vote on everything to put the world right overturning the Superpowers Registration Act and castrate Tony Stark.

Which is just about nothing compared to the universal rape they used to give Spider-Man back his secret identity.

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Once all twelve issues are out I'm going to sit down and read them all in order. I'm curious how it will play by reading them all back to back like this.