World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

If by easter baskets you mean archeology, then it's only a matter of time :lol::(

2. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I miss my female undead rogue. She looked sweet whenever she killed Ailliance. I might come back though for this expansion. I kinda liked MoP. It was beautiful and comparable to the WotLk. MoP only lacked the epic storyline of WotLK but i consider it to be an excellent expansion.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also miss going into starting zones and slaying newbs. WHY did they take that from us?!

And one of the best things, which did not disappear until MoP iirc, was killing your own kind as a Death Knight. If you never pledged your allegiance to your king you could attack and kill NPC's in your home city and zone and cause great chaos. It was awesome. I had a partner in crime and we would take our evil DK gnomes into the Stormwind bank and kill and kill the tellers etc.. and all the flower selling npcs and bakers and stuff. Stormwind is under attack! would come up over and over and people would get sooo confused. You could reset your health by jumping into an instance which in Stormwind was the dungeon or the barber's chair. You could escape the angry mob of elites that way.

I forgot about arch, I had so much worthless crap from that. I think what I really wanted was the Camel Hoarder title but I but I did not invest enough time into it.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Then the beta would be a depressing sight for you, the premades have the Camel Hoarder title set as their default ;)

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

haha I remember Cat had something like that too and everyone was on a raven mount as default.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Oh, and a propos ganking newbies and people from your own faction, did you play during the zombie event? A buddy and I invaded Darkshire, ganking lowbies and NPCs forever - all the time yelling "STITCHES hungers!", of course.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The zombie invasion was the best. Too bad so many whiners complained that Blizz won't do anything like it again.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It was true chaos. Simply brilliant. But OH NOEZ I CAN'T USE TEH ACUTION HUOSE for 30 minutes :lol:

It's really too bad.

9. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Some people aren't playing for chaos and lulz. The zombie stuff was pretty annoying and disruptive for those who just like to log in and quest and level blacksmithing for a bit after work.

Maybe that sort of thing should be kept to pvp servers, since they're more an environment where you have to learn to live with havoc beyond your control.

10. sojourner

^Your criticism might be valid if the zombie invasion had been a permanent fixture, but as a limited time event it was awesome.

11. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

It wasn't awesome for any duration of time for players who aren't into that sort of thing. It was screwing with a fairly basic part of how the game works, ie cities are meant to be hubs for non-combat activity. 5 days disruption was pretty obnoxious for paying customers, since at the time we didn't know for sure how long it was going to last!

In the end it wasn't a game breaker but rather than being disdainful towards people who didn't have fun, it would be better to consider how such a thing could be done better in future to keep everyone happy. (phasing perhaps?). Like, the new Tarren Mill Battleground sounds like a good way of appealing to ye olde vanilla nostalgia, but it'll only be for people who specifically want to join in.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That's just it. Five days. Five freaking days, woop-de-freaking-doo.

My suggestion would be that anyone so incredibly "annoyed" by the fact that their auction house or bank NPC or whatever was dead at the specific time they wanted to access them had a ton of viable options to deal with it constructively, positively even.

Log off and do something different, run around and actually engage with other players (gasp!) in some fashion (be it fighting the plague or taking part in it or something else entirely; as you said, the game offers vast possibilities), or simply camp out around the NPC spots.

I think it is sad that some people were too close-minded to see the fun in the refreshing spark of dynamics and chaos in an otherwise completely stagnant world. Actually, let me take that back. I don't want to attack anyone that didn't like it or make this sound like an ad-hominem, people have different ideas of fun. I just can't help but think that people who complained so loudly back then simply missed out on a fantastically dynamic, player-driven ballpit of sheer stupidity and fun (that was always going to be a limited time affair anyways), and that makes me a sad panda.

13. sojourner

Yep, the game needs more random events like that to break up the monotony.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Remember attunements?

[​IMG]

Oh, and remember the first heroic 5-mans in TBC? They were fantastically unbalanced. Caster hits you for 600 with his spell - interrupt him - hits your for 3.5k melee :lol:

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

16. sojourner

patch 6.02 goes live this tuesday. Gives us a month to learn the new mechanics before WoD.

17. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Patch is out. Did the introduction quests in the Blasted Lands. Interesting. The area is now phased different for me with several areas mostly empty around the southern end of the zone and the rest filled with level 90s mobs and native level 55 creatures.

The toys section cleaned out part of my bags and bank. The regents bank is said to be buggy with some of the addons. Still need to update by Bartender addon.

I'll need to review by screenshots to see just what the stat crunch did overall to my Main.

18. sojourner

Only bad thing I've found so far is that Blizz pretty much killed macros that activate multiple spells in any way.

19. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

This is what the stat squish did to at least one item, the legendary cloak from the Black Prince quest lines.

[​IMG]

That's a lot of squish from right to left.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Not enough of a squish, the numbers are still way beyond Vanilla WoW.