Whats the most amount of money you've ever found?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tribble puncher, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Me personally? 13 bucks. Laying in a puddle in a parking lot of a Speedway gas station.

A good friend of mine used to be a maintenance man at an apartment complex that had a lot of tenant's who dealt drugs and what not. on his way into his first apt. of the day, he finds a large wad of money (3650.00) held together by a rubber band in the parking lot. he kept it. He bought me an Xbox and a copy of Halo 2 so I'd play online with him.

Anyone else have any interesting stories about unearned loot?

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Prolly a $20 bill

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I was bartending one night, and this wedding party came in after the reception. The bride left an envelope, which I can only assume was a wedding gift, with $150 in it. I found it on the floor near her table at the end of the night.

I left it behind the bar with a note on it for two weeks in case she decided to reclaim it. She never did, so I took it home.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

900.00. Turned it into the police, one year later they gave it to me as no one claimed it.

5. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

$120 in the drawer of a dresser I bought at a yard sale. I didn't find it until several months after I bought the dresser and the people who had the sale had moved away. Couldn't track them down, but I've never spent the money.

6. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I found a clip with credit cards and about $80 in it once, which I turned in. Though judging by the look the cop gave me when I handed him the cash I'm wondering if I should have just kept it -- I don't know if he was just surprised by my honesty, but he was eying the money in such a way that made me wonder if it would ever get back to the person who'd lost it.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

£20 note.

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

$1000. It was just laying in a cash register!

I kid, I kid.
    If I recall correctly, I once found a $10 bill in a grocery store parking lot. There was no one around, so I kept it.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

bout $65 in an envelope in a parking lot

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

A twenty dollar bill. It was just blowing in the wind across the parking lot. I thought it was trash until it landed on my shoe.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I found a tenner on the sidewalk once.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I found a 20 dollar bill just laying in a parking lot. It was a pretty well traveled place on the corner but no one noticed it I guess. It paid for my weekly comic book store visit that week.

13. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Last one I can remember was I found $10.00 outside the gym on Ft Bragg one morning. Had just finished my PT test so I used to it treat myself to a decent breakfast. :)

14. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Donate it to charity :devil:

Somewhere between $75 - $80
    under an empty table in the bar once.
    another time I found $50 walking to the Pub one night, which was a bonus as I didn't have to go to the ATM that night.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

£20 in the street I think. I just pocketed it. Me and my GF found a sat nav once in a car park. The police were pretty useless about getting it back to its rightful owner, in the end my GF's dad went as far as turning it on and getting the home address from it so we could send it back!

16. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone accidentally transferred £600 into my bank account once. But the bank took it back.

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

That's such a bank thing to do!

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

When I was 15 or 16, I was visiting my sister and her husband in another city and we went to a Northwestern University football game. Walking across a park, I found a $5 bill in the grass. I spent it at a Chicago novelty shop for a latex full head mask of Bela Lugosi which I kept for years.

Ten years ago, a friend was walking his dog right across the street, near a nightclub. He found a $100 bill, the bastard. :brickwall:

19. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

found about £100 of notes in total along a bit of road between some student houses and a kebab shop nearby.

more weirdly, i found a 2000 year old chinese coin under my seat at a cinema once.

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral