Ilia's Yellow Blood.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by T'Girl, Mar 1, 2014.

?

Is It Yellow?

1. YES, it's yellow

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. NO, a different color

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Hard to say

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BUT ... but ... what of her powers to HEAL? How can she be poison to a hungry predator and yet ... be the very medicine Chekov so urgently needed when V'ger decided he didn't like the looks of him and gave him a zap?! There does seem to be a bit of a discrepency, here: Poison ... or Cure? I'm having a hard time reconciling the two, right now. But I'm looking your way ... you've hooked me with your tall tale. Sell me on it ...

2. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Just as a small amount of salt is fine for us - even necessary - but deadly to a slug, obviously the poison in the Deltans' blood is poisonous to the predators of their native world, but is beneficial to humans. Or, just as some anti-venoms require venom to make, there was something McCoy could synthesize from her blood.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. 2takesfrakes

USS Triumphant, your argument is very persuasive. I find myself being swayed. You know, it's such a shame that Persis Khambatta passed away. What a sweet, sweet beauty. How old would she be now, anyway? Approaching Seventy, maybe? I wonder if she would've ended up as a fixture at STAR TREK Conventions? I never hear about Stephen Collins going to any and what's he done since Seventh Heaven? A guest spot here ... there ... ? There's an empty seat at table and the place card is saying to me: Stephen Collins! And I hope the first question he gets asked is: "What colour was Ilia's blood?"

4. USS Triumphant

"You, there. Have you ever... kissed a girl?" :lol:

You know what kind of board this is, 2takesfrakes, and have for quite a while. Making sarcastic comments about it here is just kind of gauche, no? If you don't enjoy this sort of nitpicking, why read and post in this thread? Unless it's because you enjoy nitpicking the nerdiness of the nitpicking? I can appreciate that, but there are some here that you're going to remind a little too much of high school. :p

5. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Rainbows. They were big in the late 70s and early 80s. You had to be there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all the significance there is to it. Purely aesthetic.

6. 2takesfrakes

You know what I want from you people, USS Triumphant? Warmth. Friendship. And Unconditional Acceptance!

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Ilia didn't share her blood with Chekov, she used some form of mental ability to suppress his pain while Chapel was the one who actually healed his electrical burns.

:)

8. USS Triumphant

Sure. Because "you people" always shows friendship and solidarity! :rofl:

You know I'm just messing with you. We lurve you, mang.

9. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Persis Khambatta
    Actress

Persis Khambatta was an Indian model, actress and author. She was best known for her role as Lieutenant Ilia in the 1979 feature film Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Wikipedia

Born: October 2, 1948, Mumbai, India
    Died: August 18, 1998, Mumbai, India

So, she'd be 66.

10. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

12. 2takesfrakes

This would appear to be the case, yes. But ... the physical contact displayed - and apparently necessary - was very reminiscent of the Mugatu Witchy Woman from TOS, who used a root to give Kirk a strange transfusion and instantly cure him. I'm not saying that's what's going on, here, but Ilia's stacking her hands on Chekov's shoulder reminds heavily of it. There may be further implications, there. Well-worth investigating, considering recent theories on Ilia's blood properties ...

13. UUS Contrarian

UUS Contrarian Lieutenant

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

15. 2takesfrakes

Therin of Andor ... you amaze me! Your knowledge of STAR TREK's every nuance and artifact is without equal. At least you present it in a way that is not egotistical in nature and, for that, I thank you, sir!