2015 Hallmark Ornaments

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Trekker4747, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've wanted an Excelsior for a while. It's nice that we're getting an Enterprise-C though.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You'll be shocked to know that I have the Khan ornament ...

3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... Agreed! I would buy a Crystaline Entity ornament from Hallmark, gladly! And it would be my first - and only - relating to STAR TREK, especially if it weren't obvious about its STAR TREK origins. Just the entity itself, with a hook on it, is all I'd want.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

^I did once see a custom Crystaline Entity ornament by a fan that looked exactly like the one in TNG. They used several intersected snowflake ornaments they found in a Christmas store.

Not this one, but similar method:
    http://seawave.squidge.org/customtrek.htm

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hahaha ... that's so cool!
    Thanks >: )

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Ensign Newbie

Hallmark intended to offer an Excelsior Class starship ornament back in the 1990s, but it was too problematic to get the lights to work. At the time, UL requirements had become so strict (for the corded ornaments that plugged into light-string sockets) that the ornament would have been altered in ways that were inaccurate and unappealing. Since 2005, all the ornaments have been battery operated, so it's likely that an Excelsior Class ornament will be back on the list of candidates to be issued at some point in the future.

7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Not a Hallmark ornament, but one of the Christmas ornaments once offered by the Las Vegas "Star Trek Experience" was a very cool blue-shirted Spock playing his Vulcan lyrette! I had bought a batch of Star Trek Experience ornaments (Talosian, Mugato, Gorn, Spock, Picard, Cardassian, TNG Klingon, Borg, Quark, Neelix) second hand from a penpal. I realised I didn't need the Spock nor the Picard, since they were already well-represented by Hallmark ornaments.

I added a halo and wings to the Spock, to make a unique tree topper angel but, about a year later, I realised he'd be even more accurate in his ST II outfit. The black belt is a twist tie that attached him to the tree. A little wine and white paint and he was done:

[​IMG]
    Spock angel
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Weird - I see the Uhura and Wrath of Khan ornaments on Amazon but nothing about the Enterprise-C yet.

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ohhh I want the Enterprise-C. Shipgasm!