RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,071
Members: 26,069
Currently online: 579
Newest member: El Visitor

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old July 9 2015, 09:32 AM   #901
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

^
Welcome!

Try Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. Definitely those two series.

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2015, 02:09 AM   #902
YoungCadet
Cadet

I'm 13 and started with TNG when I was 11. I wasn't born into it, I just happened to see my dad watching it. I was wondering, why isn't Star Trek as popular as it once was for younger people? I'm the only one at my school who loves it.
YoungCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2015, 03:44 PM   #903
Terok Nor
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Grew up watching all the Star Treks with my dad. Massive fan of TNG, DS9 and (most of) the original crew movies. I like some of the Original Series and some of Voyager but I'm not die hard for them. Looking forward to many discussions across the various forums.
Terok Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2015, 01:23 PM   #904
Chen
Ensign

I love TNG - used to be a religious Wednesday night pursuit when I was a teenager (because of the TV schedules, not just because I had time to fill on a Wednesday! XD) I did enjoy how much Star Trek evolved from TOS and seeing the lay of the universe in a new century.

Picard is probably my favourite character, although I liked most of them (including Wesley). Riker is great too. Pulaski is one of my favourite doctors ever (controversial!) and I particularly enjoyed the Romulan episodes.

Favourite TNG Moment: In Descent where they're looking for Lore's hideout. Deanna Troi drops the line "Captain, I think I've found something", and it turns out to be an immense building that you'd have to have your eyes in backwards to miss!!!
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2015, 01:37 PM   #905
Kilana2
Fleet Captain

Chen wrote: View Post

Picard is probably my favourite character, although I liked most of them (including Wesley). Riker is great too. Pulaski is one of my favourite doctors ever (controversial!) and I particularly enjoyed the Romulan episodes.
I fail to see why people don't like Pulaski. She has her problems with Data, but accepts him grudgingly. Crusher is a bit bland. Pulaski had the better arguments with the crew. But I like them both....
Old July 29 2015, 05:36 AM   #906
orlok1138
Ensign

View orlok1138's Twitter Profile

I love TNG. Nothing beats Worf's love advice haha.
orlok1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2015, 11:39 AM   #907
Terok Nor
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Kilana2 wrote: View Post
Chen wrote: View Post

I fail to see why people don't like Pulaski. She has her problems with Data, but accepts him grudgingly. Crusher is a bit bland. Pulaski had the better arguments with the crew. But I like them both....
Pulaski came acrosss as abravise and arrogant to me. I think they were going for a female version of Bones but it didn't really work. She lacked charm and was very rude. That said, it was nice to have a main character who rubbed the crew up the wrong way. Ro was another one who did that but she was more endearing than the good doctor.

I agree Beverly was bland. She got better in Season 6 and 7 but she was the least fleshed out of the main cast. The writers didn't seem to care for her much. I still prefer her to Pulaski but Pulaski, love her or hate her, was a lot more developed as a character.
Terok Nor is offline   Reply With Quote