Smallville 10x04 (#200!!!) "Homecoming" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Good)

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. The Blur (Average)

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Kal (Bad)

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. SuperMope (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

That was a real fantastic episode. So far this last season is turning out to be one of the best of the series.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Smallville Clark: I really am a douche in the future.
    Future Clark: yeah, some things never change.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

[​IMG]

Present Clark: Future, huh?
    Future Clark: Yep.
    Present Clark: Flying cars yet?
    Future Clark: You've no idea how stupid that question is.

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

The ONLY thing that still gets me is that Clark needs all this convincing and counceling to become who he is destined to be. It is like he is being pushed or persuaded into becoming Superman, he isn't getting there on his own. In other words, it took someone from the future to come back and convince him to get over everything and turn his life around. He didn't hit rock bottom on his own and recover with his own will, he is just following the will of others. That is one big issue I see with Smallville version of Clark.

5. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I agree. I really liked this episode. It dragged a bit in the middle, but overall it was good. The future scenes were fun. :mallory:

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, but he did hit rock bottom, and then the lad but a cabin there.

But what you are saying is so the truth. Don Quixote much not?

Future Clark didn't need past Clark. He could have sabotaged the helicopter and scheduled a maintenance review the day before or just tied his missus up in the morning and leave her like that, rather than enable the kid to CHEAT himself out of making the big dicisions.

Don't stress about the future, and forget about the past... These are the lessons some one like Booster Gold should be passing on, not Superman and especially not TO Superman who is supposedly about to begin a never ending battle against injustice.

7. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I really like that aspect of it. I think he knows what he must do in the future and like any sentient being with flaws he is struggling with his self confidence and the overwhelming responsibility that he has. This makes him a person that people can relate to.

8. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

A VERY average episode. I was quite disappointed.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@ Greg Cox...Greg the producers stated at comic con that not only would we see Tom in costume by the end of the series that there was also a possibility he would be Superman a few episodes before that. Then shortly after they almost completely contradicted themselves by saying that maybe we will maybe won't.

@Othello...are you disappointed due to the lack of Lana?

10. issreliant

issreliant Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What? How? This episode was good, but compared to KINGDOM COME? Really?

11. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

JacksonArcher you can catch the full episode on www.cwtv.com/smallville at anytime just connect to the link and sit down and watch I've been doing this and recording the shows to be fully entertained,and catching things I might have missed while recording each Friday night.
    Signed
    Buck Rogers

12. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Space Therapist, your avatar is very funny is that Rowen Atkinson as a member of the Avatar planet?

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched this episode because I have no life and it wasn't bad at all.

I stopped watching in season 3-4-5, I can't remember, but I didn't know that Clark graduated 5 years ago! What did the writers do those non-school years?

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I really like this aspect of the character. Most origin stories brush over Clark's motivations. Smallville is showing that a hero, even Superman cannot operate in a vacuum. He needs his friends and family and those who care about him in order to reach his true potential.

The final episode also does a nice little job of showing that Clark can't fly because of psychosomatic reasons, not because he is less powerful than he should be.

It really is a nice little take on the mythos in this respect.

15. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Who cares what it was "supposed" to be? Why does it have to be anything other than what the story has become? The No Flights/No Tights rule is an arbitrary thing that the show has organically outgrown.

I would hope that the writers would allow it to be whatever it is, its own thing, even if that means that hey...we might see Superman for say, half a season.

16. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

I liked this A Christmas Carol approached, since Clark was concerned about the darkness inside himself, his character being like a potential Ebenezer Scrooge being shown his past, present and future in this final season of the series makes sense.

I thought the future scene of Lois Lane in the helicopter falling off the Daily Planet being saved by Superman nod to the exciting impressive scene from the 1978 Superman The Movie was poignant.

17. Admiral_Young

I don't know if that scene was poignant but it was a pretty nice nod.

18. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

I thought the future scene of Lois Lane in the helicopter falling off the Daily Planet being saved by Superman nod to the exciting impressive scene from the 1978 Superman The Movie was poignant.
    I agree, I wanted it to be longer and so much more like the John Williams score from Superman The Movie. Maybe, in the last episode of the series we will see the same scene played out much more grand?

19. Admiral_Young

Well that would suppose that they would bother repeating a scene? They don't need to do that. Lois already knows who Clark is. They've essentially had their first movie, the meaning of that scene from the film is now undermined and rendered useless in Smallville. I don't think they'll be revisiting it again in the finale. I'm sure they'll have Superman encounter Lois in some new way.

20. TyberiusDeAngelo

TyberiusDeAngelo Lieutenant Red Shirt

This episode blew my theory out of the water the that FOS would mindwipe the entire planet to get around people knowing Clark's face. I guess a pair of HRG does the trick.