Wonder Woman(NBC) *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This isn't sounding great but I've liked most of Kelley's work (apart from the later Ally McBeal). I'll thus give it a chance, unless the reviews and word-of-mouth are appalling.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Well the pilot was rushed and the quality of the eps have improved from week to week...my personal opinion. I think a 2 hour "Pilot" and then "Tarot" would have been better...I am not the only one who thinks this.

There is nothing on NBC right now that appeals to me...The Cape was it and I have talked to a few people who are in the same boat I am...but whatever.

With Wonder Woman...the brand will carry a little but with NBC...is Heroes still around? It will take alot for it to be a hit and I just don't see it right now. JMHO.

3. Captaindemotion

^ Heroes was cancelled during season 4 (IIRC) but I'm pretty sure the ratings had plunged since season 1. I gave up early into S3.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I gave up on Heroes half way in S1...it started great and then when it returned in Jan(?) I was like :wtf: Just me though...I can see after S1 it was only a matter of time.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, Heroes ran for four seasons. The ratings were very strong through the first season, and the second season started to big numbers, but the ratings declined thereafter.

I'm certainly not saying the show was a success from beginning to end, just that we had the usual predictions around here that it would be cancelled within 13 episodes and those predictions didn't pan out.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like her to break my mold, if you know what I mean...

7. Captaindemotion

^ Are we talking in the sense of the infamous plaster casters?

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True, but the summary of this script reads like a "Catwoman"-level trainwreck. It's a horrible mish-mash of "Ally McBeal," "Buffy," the "Iron Man" movies and "Sex in the City."

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So it's been so long you've got mold growing? :p

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

???

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yikes, that does sound pretty bad. Some of that stuff I don't really mind (the nerdy helpers, the corporate job, the unrequited love for Steve Trevor), and in general I like the idea of making Diana a slightly softer, more relatable character. And I don't have a problem with the occassional use of a pop song either.

But overall, there's just WAY too much cheesiness going on there at once, for one episode.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

There are some things in there that I like: the public ID as her primary one, for instance; and I like the presence of Veronica Cale, which suggests Kelley has at least looked at some of Greg Rucka's stuff.

However, as a whole it sounds like a mish-mash of about four different "popular" things: Superman, Iron Man, CSI, and the standard David E. Kelley girly dramedy template.

14. Captaindemotion

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not confusing to me, it's just really lame.

It was so bad NBC passed on it before picking it up realize bad is what they do worst. :lol:

16. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3 identities are a great way to keep one secret. If everybody thinks they already know Wonder Woman's real name they won't think she has a secret identity and thus won't go looking for it.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

No lesbian-ness? Sigh... do I have to bust out the picture again? :p

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But being a superheroine and being a corporate magnate are both full-time jobs. It's hard enough to believe she could find time to juggle those two identities without tacking on a third. It feels like they're trying to have it both ways, pre-Crisis Diana with a Clark Kentish hidden identity and post-Crisis Diana as a global celebrity with an open identity. Seems like overreaching.

19. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I have to say, I'm getting REALLY bored with the nerdy helpers... It's such an easy go to....

Anyway, I hope there are some rewrites because this doesn't sound very interesting...

20. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eh, rerun the original and get a few million viewers. No need to spend too much on production to cancel a new show after few seasons, same amount of success.

Where did someone post here the statistics indicating TNG is getting higher ratings now than it originally did in syndication? Give the old stuff a chance for the nostalgia and ease factor. Better than pissing a whole new generation off by destroying Wonder Woman.