Valentine's Day: Yay or Nay, Hooray?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Feb 13, 2009.

1. blablover5

blablover5 Admiral Admiral

Oh those commercials make me want to wipe Jarrods from the earth. We just got one near us recently and they're started bombarding up with that annoying "He went to Jarrods" every other commercial.

2. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I like Valentine's Day. With three kids and a busy family life it's the one day of the year that my wife and I set aside just for each other. Even if it's only a romantic dinner for two somewhere.

3. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

i've just noticed it's valentines day tomorrow OH CRAP! with me working tonight til late looks like i my be in a bit of bother tomorrow. wondered why the other half was asking me about saturday with a few threatening hints.

4. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

We give small presents on Valentines Day. No flowers which are jacked up so much in price. She likes potted plants better.

So I'll just give her some chocolates she likes. The girls will want to get her something as well. Plus the 50 thousand cards they've already made us. lol

Nothing wrong with going a little more out of your way to show someone you care than you normally do.

5. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I gotta go with a nay. For some reason it seems to phoney to me. Christmas always seems a lot more romantic.

6. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Well, for those still looking for that certain someone, the Church apparently recommend looking towards St. Raphael, the patron saint in a half-shell:

Quite interesting. Of course, it is still of no immediate help to me. :vulcan:

7. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Like someone said on the radio this morning, you'll only find someone when you lay your head on the pillow at night and realize you like yourself and are happy with your life. Only then will someone come along to screw things up.

8. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Like someone said on the radio this morning, you'll only find someone when you lay your head on the pillow at night and realize you like yourself and are happy with your life. Only then will someone come along to screw things up.

9. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Pffttt! We're having a Lonely Hearts party on Valentines day. After looking at the RSVPs, I'm getting ready to do some man shopping. :devil:

10. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was watching tv with my girlfriend the other night and those diamond commercials came on, and they got her all upset, she hates them and she said people should show their love for each other year round, she didn't seem like she wanted to celebrate Valentimes Day.

Sooo.... do I get her chocolates and flowers or not?

My survival instincts tell me... yes. :lol:

11. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Yes, and make it big. Or something tells me you're screwed (and not in the good sense of the word).

12. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

Get a cute card - nothing to deep. and a gift of something she likes. Does she like chocolate? Does she prefer potato chips? Or cookies. Or a little stuffed animal.

Don't get her something that the tv says 'all women want this item'.

13. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh and how!

14. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

A holiday commemorating the Prohibition gang war between Al Capone and Bugs Moran - who couldn't love it!

St Valentine's Day Massacre

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

In a situation like that, if it were me, in the morning before she wakes up, beside the bed I would put rose petals around a small heart shaped box of chocolates, with a card (scented with whatever favorite cologne she has you wear), that reads something like "Diamonds sparkle and chocolates are sweet, but I need neither of these things, because your eyes sparkle greater than any diamonds, and your love is more enriching to my soul than the world's sweetest chocolate. To my sweet love that has joined me in forever, Happy Valentine's Day."

J.

16. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

You have entirely too much time on your hands J. :D

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

For the first time in my life, I have a girlfriend for Valentine's Day......and she has to work.

If I didn't love irony so much, I'd be pissed.

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I am a romantic at heart. :D

J.

19. blablover5

blablover5 Admiral Admiral

You know I did the exact same thing to my husband. We were first dating and he knew how much I loathed val day well despite the fact that his entire family told him it was a bad idea he got me nothing and I was quite happy for it.

I never know what to do with random crap and I am not a card person. So um I have no advice Flukie but it isn't always a trap.

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral