The most mediocre episode?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Melakon, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Lt. Aran

Lt. Aran Ensign Newbie

On my boat; Cardassia,the Queen of the Ocean
    To me, one of the least interesting episodes is "Non Sequitur." When I look through the episode titles of Voyager's early seasons, "Non Sequitur" is the most forgettable. All I can remember is that it is about Harry Kim in San Francisco.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yet it tells you a lot about Harry Kim's psyche. He has a beautiful, willing woman trying to get him to come to bed and all he can think about it how to get back to Tom. ;)

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Something must have happened in "The Chute" that we weren't allowed to see.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ex Post Facto and Emanations are two straight up mediocre episodes. Also Initiations. Half of season 3 is also like that.

5. The Caretaker

The Caretaker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Unforgettable always struck me as an unfortunately ironic title.

6. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

that's all I would be thinking about too :drool:

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ex Post Facto is also pretty forgettable.

8. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Apparently you missed something. This is a VOYAGER!!! thread.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

The horrific episode with that flotter hologram. :rolleyes:

10. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not everyone will agree so a poll might help provide an answer that is an average. I like a lot of the episodes already mentioned and i think some people are confusing "forgettable" with "not good"....take 11:59 for example...i hated that episode but as soon as you say 11:59, i immediately remember it so it can't really be classed as forgettable

When i rewatch Voyager, the episodes that i tend to have forgotten are "Resistance" - "Remember" - "Darkling" - Drone" - Juggernaught

some i like more than others but when i watch them again, i do kind of think....oh yeah, this one

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe that's why Alexander is like he is... one of his earliest childhood memories is of his dad disemboweling Flotter. ;)

12. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Elogium
    The Cloud
    Prime Factors

13. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I can agree with most of these...but "Drone"? Really?!

14. Melakon

Apparently you missed something, too. That post was immediately after MacLeod's post which mentioned ENT!!!

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Isn't this like handing someone a bowl of red M&Ms and asking her to pick out the reddest one?

"Mediocre" is Voyager in a nutshell. It was never as terribad as TNG, DS9, or ENT could be (even "Threshold" wasn't as bad as some of the boners from the other shows), but it also never achieved greatness. "Year of Hell" came close, but it was spoiled by the reset.

It was like the show was just content with what it was and never really tried to push the envelope but, at the same time, remained safe.

Season Five was probably when the show was most modest and humble, so "Night" is as good an answer as any.

16. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

The episode title is clearly a double entendre.

My problem with choosing a mediocre Voyager episode is that there a lot of them. There were great VOY eps, there were bad VOY eps, there was even Threshold. But there is this yawning chasm of bleh or middling VOY episodes and that's a problem.

I'm going to have to go with The Haunting On Deck Twelve.

17. jazzstick

jazzstick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

ROFL:guffaw:

Oh man I can so see this!

18. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's hard to recall an episode that was inherently forgettable. :lol:

I'd have to say The '37s. Did the aliens who took them ever show up? Did we ever find out why they were taken? Did they just decide to stay on the planet? For me, the answer is "I don't remember, nor do I care." Did Voyager land on the planet for some purpose? Well, they just find the people there, hang out for a bit, and then leave. I don't think anything happened in the long run.

Though, I could just cite any episode where the reset button occurs (Time and Again, Timeless, Year of Hell) because the events of the episode were literally forgettable. You could skip those episodes and miss nothing of the continuity (hahahahahaha).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Glad I'm not the only one with the Night/Void problem. And I consider myself a Voyager fan, having watched run at least four or five times. Agree with a lot of the mediocre episodes mentioned already. Less mediocre than just plain bad is Nemesis. But I guess it is at least memorably bad. Only seen once and never felt desire to watch again. At least Threshold is guilty-pleasure awful.

20. Melakon

As an aside, I'm sort of surprised there's no YouTube music video cutting scenes from Voyager with Oingo Boingo's "Weird Science" theme. Seems like they would fit, especially with Seven.