Treklit Wish List

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

On Literary Treks we created a wish list of things we'd like to see in Treklit and it got me thinking, what would you like to see?

2. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Renewed Corps of Engineers, ideally as they use their ingenuity to rebuild the damaged Federation immediately post-Destiny.

First Contact stories with races and worlds that we'll know as later Federation members, allies, etc. Don't tell me you can't create a good story around first contact with Efros, Bolarus, Betazed, Cait...

A novel or even better a series about the Xindi, taking them from where we leave them in "Zero Hour" to their rightful place as full members of the Federation.

The ultimate Trek Lit Spock book when we reach Hobus and he leaves for Abramsville, summarizing his journey. Saavik and Charvanek need to be there.

A Hobus-aftermath series that strikes a positive tone as the Romulans bravely rebuild and the Federation and Pact rally around them.

More Enterprise-C stories (Garrett switched out most of her crew over the eight years between Well of Souls and Vulcan's Heart, lots of room to play with characters).

The Bajora/Hebitian connection/more revelations about that. What exactly was with that Jevonite figure?

3. Enterpriserules

I really like your Xindi idea as well as the Bajora/Hebitian, I think both of these would be so interesting!

4. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Ooh, good ideas! I'd love to see first contact with Betazed or Cait; more Enterprise-C stories; the Hebitian/Bajora connection; and especially Saavik! I'd also like to see what happened to Trillya after Star Trek IV. Basically, I wish for more Lost Era stories.
    Oh, and there can never be enough DS9.

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

My wish list:

• To see TNG continue past-2387 with a new captain on the Enterprise (either a new character or one we already know).
    • IDW comics to do an all-new series with a never-before-seen crew like Marvel did with Starfleet Academy in the '90s or one that explored a mostly unknown era with some new characters like they did with Early Voyages.
    • Eventually, I'd like to see a new novel series featuring a brand-new crew on the Enterprise-F, but that can wait for quite awhile.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

More of all three of these:

- Anything featuring Charvanek

- Myriad Universes

I was going to say Mirror Universe as well, but IMHO, that storyline's done. Rise Like Lions finished the MU as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I'd like to see a miniseries about World War III. All of it. Full-out, start-to-finish war story. Explain exactly what the war was about, who started it, who finished it, how exactly the hell Earth managed to recover so quickly, etc.

Oh, and give Nerys Ghemor (what happened to her, anyway?) and Gul Re'jal a chance to write a real Trek novel. I've read their fanfic, it's amazing!

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

In-universe memoirs of Kirk and Spock.

Novels set in the new movie continuity.

A USS Kelvin novel.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What happened to the Kelvin and Captain Robau (may he rest in badassery) in the prime timeline?

9. Enterpriserules

What are the thoughts here about Sisko going forward? Personally I feel that he should be made an admiral and his base be DS9. This way he is on DS9, Ro is still captain and not too much changes other than having him be more apart of DS9 again. I also think Sisko is admiral material, he proved in his work with Ross during the war that he is a "big picture thinker". This is one of my biggest wishes for treklit

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Perhaps Sisko should take Jellico's place as the head admiral of Starfleet?

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

The goddamn Ascendants story.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked to see some Enterprise novels that take place during the tv series or like someone else about the xindi is one I've been wanting to see for a longtime . Some more Myriad universe stories there's a lot of stories from the tv series or movies that could make great stories for Mu books. ' Also some more Ds9 novels with one exploring Sisko's character would be nice. Another Data novel too please. The slings and arrow books printed as a collected paperback book of all the stories that originally came out as e- books. More Starfleet Core of Engineers stories too.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

A full length novel version of this.

14. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Akaar already did :)

15. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Oh...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18[/yt]

16. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Nerys Ghemor can write my Hebitian/Bajoran book. :)

17. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I usually bring out a thread like this once a year or so, and I was very glad to see you guys do a show on this topic. I really enjoyed the episode.

I'll think about my current wishlist when I get off work and post it tonight.

18. Enterpriserules

Look forward to reading it

19. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

:lol: Loved it!

20. xavier

xavier Commander

I will like to see star fleet academy series continued and JJ novels released. I love JJ 's trek universe and i would love to read a trek novel picturing the cast of the jj's trek films..