Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I figured Warehouse 14 would end up in China.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Maybe someday, but certainly not now. The Chinese government would nationalize it five minutes after it got there.

3. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I agree. USA is a good & safe place for the warehouse to continue operations for the foreseeable future.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Isn't it already nationalised? It's run as a government department with government agents. Yes, with civilian overseers but basically a government operation.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the new owner of the B&B.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I swear...Kelly Hu never seems to age.

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

She just gets hotter and hotter.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a fun episode. Kelly Hu was great, and we got some nice stuff for Artie. I'm a big fan of Steve Valentine going back to Crossing Jordan, so I got a kick out of seeing him here, even if it was just a small part.
    I'm curious what exactly Polly Walker's character is up to.

9. McDuff

McDuff Commander Red Shirt

I hope there would be more shows like The Outer Limits. I love Sci-fi anthology.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We do have the new Brian Singer Twilight Zone possibly starting up sometime in the next few years.

11. RJDiogenes

^^ Indeed, and I believe Sciffy has a half-hour anthology in the works as well. Encouraging news, since I also love anthologies.

I don't think so. The Regent said something about the Warehouse always having a questionable relationship with the host government (remember how that senator had to be diverted by that red herring?). I think the situation is that the Regents have recruited government insiders as "friends in high places."

12. Bob The Skutter

I dunno about any of that, I've seen the first 2 seasons, maybe some of season 3. Didn't manage to catch all of it yet.

13. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

The Warehouse is a power unto itself, apparently. It might be located in the "most powerful" nation on Earth at any given time, but that doesn't mean it is run by the government. Otherwise, how could the Warehouse move through the ages?

The US government would never allow such powerful artifacts to move to another nation of their own accord. Presumably the UK government did not want the Warehouse to move to the US back whenever it moved. Again, presumably the Russians didn't want the British to have the Warehouse and its artifacts when it moved...etc, etc, etc.

Clearly the Regents rule the Warehouse and determine where it is safest and most secure through the ages. Their criteria may have changed and their relationships with the governments evolved, but the Regents aren't government agents.

14. RJDiogenes

^^ Good point about it moving like that.

I think that scene I mentioned was in season three. It was the one where the (extraordinarily cute) rep from a pharmaceutical company discovered the Warehouse. It was a great episode and a great character, and I'm hoping they follow up before the show ends (if you haven't seen that one, I'll just say that they have good reason to).

15. Bob The Skutter

I don't remember that one, so probably haven't got that far in to season 3 then.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Give that the first Warehouse was founded by Alexander the Great, and that previous Warehouses have existed across the world and throughout history, it's clearly more than just a division of the U.S. government.

The idea seems to be that the Warehouse tries to work out some sort of secret accommodation with the government of the host country, but ultimately control remains in the hands of the Regents who are their own thing.

Governments and empires come and go, but the Warehouse and the Regents adapt.

17. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What a pisser.

I just got into WH13 last year via Netflix, watched all the episodes available there then the remainder off the website.

Really too bad to because this premise has sooo much more potential to explore. Executive :censored:-heads

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

It's for the best. I enjoy it, but it's pure 'fluff' and it wouldn't do to outstay it's welcome. Enough's enough...

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, there's always the book . . . . :)

20. RJDiogenes

^^ But will there be another?

It's an outstanding episode. The character brings an entirely different perspective to the artifacts and the Regent deals with her in an unexpected way. You'll see why I hope she makes an appearance before the show ends.