The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Official Description For The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Premiere – “The Birthday”

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzzjbj7hcBk[/yt]

Promo

Was great and I am looking forward to the rest of S3. :bolian: I miss Jenna. :(

Episode #3.2 “The Hybrid”
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7UvZOK-zQ[/yt]

Promo

Can't wait! :D

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Last night's episode was ok.

I think the real clincher of the night was Stefan killing Damon's faux girlfriend.

The great bromance of Rick/Damon continues. :rofl:

I don't find Klaus compelling. I just don't care. Elijah was mysterious and interesting. Klaus comes off as his spoiled brat of a brother.

I wonder what Mrs Mayor is going to do with Caroline?

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

1):guffaw: YES! It is the most interesting thing of the series! :bolian:

2) This is an interesting turn...I like Caroline as a vampire...hate her with Tyler in a sexual sense...but like the friendship. :shrug:

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

5. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite part of the episode had to be the Stefan/Andy scene - quite creepy. I didn't care for Caroline's Tyler/Matt dilemma much, so I guess it's good that it appears she HAS made a choice. I wish they'd delved into Jeremy's haunting a bit more.

I do wish they'd stop doing blatant product placements. The phone bit wasn't as bad as some of the bing and car ads they've snuck on the show, but it's annoying.

I have to agree that Klaus isn't nearly as interesting as Elijah.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The episode itself was ok, but it set up lots of interesting stuff for the rest of the season to deal with. I have to admit to being a bit of a Caroline/Tyler shipper, so I'm hoping they will keep them together.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well well well. I finally can post in the "live" show threads. :D

Tragically Evil Stefan is great. Genius plot twist (and well foreshadowed too) that should enliven the whole season. Taking Stefan out of the equation not only leaves the possibility of sparks between Damon and Elena (which is probably the producers' hidden agenda here) but more interesting for me, opens up the possibility that Damon will be forced to evolve beyond his mopey/snide persona and become a more complex character as well. I think this season will be the watershed for how both brothers are being portrayed. They've been kind of locked in their silos for the first two seasons.

Don't care about Klaus and his silly hybrid scheme. There's something about the guy, he lacks the gravitas to be a really chilling villain. Stefan is way scarier. Klaus just seems like a self-involved twit. I hope we don't have to have him around for the whole season.

Whatever happened to Katherine? Hopefully she scrammed and she can come back later in the season to be inevitably killed for good.

I like the Romeo & Juliet thing with Caroline and Tyler. No points for guessing that Klaus will inevitably threaten Tyler.

They need to come up with a more pro-active motivation for Alaric. Having him mope around and join other people's little schemes ain't cutting it anymore. He's a grownup surrounded by teenagers who are dealing with tragedy and danger. He really should be taking it on himself to be more, I dunno, in charge? I'd like to see him directly challenge Damon's approach to the Stefan problem, if for no other reason than that kind of stuff is great bromance fodder, which is the real reason Alaric's still alive while all the other adults have been falling like chaff.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Didn't we see Katherine skip town in the S2 finale? I am sure she will be back. :)

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I thought it was okay.

This was mostly a set up episode.

I'm really glad that they didn't solve the Stefan problem with just one episode. It looks like this season will focus on him. I guess Stefan is going turn more evil while Damon becomes more good.

I'm not a fan of Klaus. Maybe it's just the actor, but I don't find him threatening at all. I'll take Katherine or Elijah over him anyday. They were a huge part of why the first half of Season two was so good.

Caroline contines to be the highlight of the show. I loved that part when she lifted that guy by the chin at the party because he was in her way and when she told the slutty girl to go away with her powers. Totally something a jealous teenage girl with vampire powers would do. Surprised when she got shot by Mrs Lockwood. The plot thickens. Is it me or do the writers love to torment the poor girl?

Definately not as exciting as the first episode of season two. The first fourteen episodes of season two were so AWESOME. I'm hoping the writers will be able to pull something like that off again. This show has come a long way from the mediocre pilot.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ick! :ack: on ND & IS being a couple...I don't even like the thought of Elena & Damon being a couple on the show. :lol:

[​IMG]
    :adore:

[​IMG]
    :cool:

Love Nina all by her self though. :bolian:

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer play the main characters on True Blood, they met on the show and got married.

13. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SHe's hot in that dress looking forward seeing her at the spike awards.

I looking forward to what will happen with jeremy and his dead girl friends.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow.:drool:

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ut-when-will-they-return-to-mystic-falls.html

:eek:

Has me wondering who will be goners or if it just emotional crap for Elena & Damon...I am actually hoping Stefan kills off someone. :lol:

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Episode #3.2 “The Hybrid” 9-22-2011 8PM The CW TONIGHT! :)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7UvZOK-zQ[/yt]

Promo

Hopefully this ep will be great! :D S1 the first few eps were meh and S2 they got better after the premiere so we shall see. :techman:

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

This one was ok. Interesting stuff with Caroline's dad. I am glad Ric moved back into the Gilbert house. So do not care about Jeremy and his dead girlfriends. I am also getting bored with Klaus...hope next week picks up a bit more.

18. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got recorded plan to watch it with supernatural and the vampire Diaries. thanks for preview vid for ep 3 looks good.

19. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Missed the season opener but did get to check this one out. I don't know if its just me, but VD seems to have lost its bite. Klaus started out as a good villain-the actor much better than I expected-but it seems a bit lackluster to have him and Stefan walking through the woods/mountains. I was hoping they would be in Europe or somewhere having a good time, actually showing us the ripper days (something Angel or True Blood are probably better at doing). I got a sense that similar to True Blood's Russell, VD doesn't know how to up the stakes (which is surprising because I thought they had been doing this pretty well until now).

I think the Tyler-Caroline storyline was more interesting than the search for Stefan. I'm also curious to see what's going to happen with Vicki and why she can't be trusted. It's cool that ghosts are going to be on this season, I wonder if zombies aren't too far behind.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Well I get the impression Klaus is impressed with parts of Stefan's history...which I am sure we will be exposed to soon enough. After last season we were left with the impression Klaus was a BAMF....but this may not be the case...Elijah seems more verse in retrospect than Klaus...I am speculating of course but Klaus didn't get what he was after based on this ep. I like Caroline and I honestly thought Tyler was a nothing character...but they have given him something each step of the way...but I don't think a tragic Vamp/Wolf love will overshadow Human/Vampire love...so hopefully they won't give Caroline and Tyler too much to overshadow Elena-Stefan-Damon. ;)

I could care less about Jeremy and ghost girlfriends...hope no zombies come into play. :p

[edit] CW Vampire Diaries 18-49 Rating/Sh 1.2/3 Viewers (Millions) 2.49

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011