Bryan Singer is directing X-MEN: FIRST CLASS!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-class-bryan-singe-kofi-38335/

This could very well be a prank or rumor, but in the interim: Squeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. :D

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Very cool. Not as cool as "Bryan Singer directs the Dark Phoenix saga" would have been, but cool nevertheless.

3. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After what he did to Superman I am wary. but his X-men movies were good. We'll see. But why be an origins thing though? there are other lots of stories to tell, no?

4. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hoping the next development is "It's not a prequel, it's the real X-Men 3"....

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Dare to dream.

6. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    If it turns out to be good, I can set the DVD on my shelf next to the first two X-Men movies and it *will* be X-Men 3 :techman:

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Origin of which characters? I don't like this...

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Jubilee.

And Toad.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

nevermind the link keeps changing...

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm...who here wants to bet that Wolverine will still be involved with this movie somehow.

What? Too cynical?

Wikipedia? What's not to trust? :p

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Of course you should trust Wikipedia. It's the cardinal source of all knowledge. Well, Wikipedia and IMDB. If we didn't have IMDB, we wouldn't have been able to find about Leslie Hope's cameo as Aunt Carol on 24. (Too obscure?)

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

If only...

That being said, I'm not all that interested, but I'll wait and see.

13. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll believe it when I hear some sort of official confirmation, but if it's true... cool. :D

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

X-3 already showed digitally de-aged Xavier and Magneto recruiting a young Jean Grey in flashback.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine showed digitally de-aged Xavier rescuing young Scott Sommers, Emma Frost, and other mutants from William Stryker. Young Storm was originally supposed to be included (and was in the trailer), but wasn't in the final film. Jason Stryker was in the film and being kept on ice by his father, but the elder Stryker could bring him to Xavier for help or as a means of infiltrating the school. They could have Gambit back if they wanted as an older mutant.

Since Magneto can still be allied with Xavier at this point, you could include Magneto's children Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch as students. The film could focus on Xavier and Magneto's ideological split and the formation of the Brotherhood and the X-Men. It would also give the opportunity for other later members of the Brotherhood to start out as allies at Xavier's Academy (Mystique for example).

Banshee could appear (father of X-2's Siryn and his name was shown on the computer screen Mystique scrolls through). You could have friends Black Tom and Juggernaut appear in origin stories challenging their respective relatives Banshee and Xavier.

You wouldn't want to do all of those different origin stories together obviously, but one or two could be easily combined into a compelling movie plot.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I don't really want to see Patrick Stewart in bad CGI de-aging makeup for the THIRD time.

16. JacksonArcher

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Based on the last four movies? Wolverine. :p

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

This gives hope for something other than a 90 minute crapfest.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is exciting news...I love the First Class comics, and even if this will be a retooling of the comics to reflect the X-Men film franchise I'm still interested to see what Singer does.

20. JacksonArcher

I just saw the video interview where Singer confirmed his involvement. Man, I haven't been this excited in years.