Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I don't quite think that's going to happen, at least not intentionally on Hill's part.

In the promo for the next episode, Talbott catches up to Coulson and his team at Providence. When Coulson demands to know how Talbott found the secret base, Hill steps forward and says that she gave him the location. It seems to me that May will probably give the base's location to Hill, who then takes the information to Talbott.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't see how that's "on the other hand" from what I said, because the very first part of my sentence is "My mother had a middle name." It was Lee.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It's possible. It's also possible May hasn't yet found Hill. If May told Hill and Coulson finds out, that'll be sad. Coulson's about to forgive May and she'd torpedo it (unless the motivation is spite, it's hard to find out why she would).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

My mother dropped the maiden name altogether. First name/Middle name/Spouse's last name. My wife just hyphenated the last name and kept her middle name.

5. PsychoPere

It could provide May a way to reconnect with the team and prove herself to Coulson again, as an addition to his new desire to forgive. Perhaps she thinks going to Hill is the right thing, to get Hill back into the fight against Hydra, not knowing that Hill had agreed with Rogers to burn SHIELD to the ground. Hill turns the base's location over to Talbott and accompanies Talbott to arrest Coulson and the rest of his renegades, and May provides their escape route.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. ;) Still, in the promo, Hill seems pretty adamant on the idea that there is no SHIELD anymore.

Hmm... I've seen TWS twice now, and I'm still not sure at the end if Hill knows for certain that Fury is still alive. If she doesn't, and thus doesn't know that Fury sent Coulson to Providence, she could easily be on the other side of this "fight for SHIELD's soul."

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Why wouldn't she know Fury is alive? She knew he was alive when she rescued Rogers and Romanoff and brought them to where Fury was hiding. Did he do anything after that suggesting he would die. She might not know Captain America is still alive, but she should know about Fury

7. PsychoPere

My thinking had been that she was the one character that didn't meet up again with any of the others on-screen following the big battle at the Triskelion, and so perhaps Fury didn't reach out to her out to her. But it was a silly thought, given the level of trust Fury had placed in her previously.

8. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

In the comics is Talbot supposed to be a just a jerk or belligerently incompetent?

9. Nerys Myk

He hates the Hulk and Banner. Has the hots for Betty. More of a jerk than an incompetent, IIRC. He's also dead.

10. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ward isn't listed.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He married Betty Ross.

Meanwhile leading up to that Thunderbolt Ross probably spent years hinting that if Glenn did a good job, that as a special perk he would be allowed to marry the generals daughter because he was the perfect soldier.

So he's married to this gorgeous woman who is unfortunately in love with a traitor monster who wants to generally destroy the American way of life and specifically destroy his way of life with his wife.

Fraught with internal demons trying to save his marriage, he fell into a volcano fighting the Hulk.

Q...

Is Betty that hot?

If she worth all the mayhem and carnage caused by monsters fighting over her affection?

I stopped believing Betty was sane after she dyed her hair blond.

(Although, subconsciously she was probably trying to look like Jarella to win back Bruce.)

Um.

Changing to the Red She-Hulk and back... Wouldn't that negate a dyejob?

12. PsychoPere

He's listed third, after Clarke Gregg and Ming-Na Wen.

13. Nerys Myk

Depends on your tastes and who's drawing/playing her.

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, sorry, thx!

15. Guy Gardener

Liv Tyler of Jennifer Connelly?

I would have hoped that it depends on who is writing her.

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Nerys Myk

To my tastes, both women are hot.

Yes, in a perfect world, Betty's words and actions would make her hot.

18. Guy Gardener

19. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's say my mother's maiden name was Gamora Knox Goldenrod, or Gamora K. Goldenrod. When she married my dad, she became Gamora G. Steppenwolf. My siblings and I don't have middle names, though tradition and culture dictate we use my mother's middle initial, G. for Goldenrod. Thus my name is written Gryffindorian G. Steppenwolf, or if I had a compound name, it would be Gryffindorian Aurelius G. Steppenwolf.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't realize Major wasn't a normal Atlantean. Since she has a human skin tone, does that mean Namora is a hybrid too?