Which Doctor Did You Like Better...Dr. Crusher or Dr. Pulaski?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by CmndrSela318, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She is a gentle, generally quiet and very compassionate woman who, depending on the situation can display a surprising amount of civil courage and become very headstrong when it comes to helping others, even if she puts herself in danger. She enjoys theatre and dancing, and can be adorkable about that, but also tries to hide those aspects of herself from professional colleges and co-workers.

Not saying she wasn't under-developed, she was, but there was *some* character there that could easily have been expanded into more.

2. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Crusher could burn down a bad guy with a phaser without blinking with the best of them; I'll give her that.

Orphalesion likes this.
  3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Pulaski could do the same with just a look.

Qonundrum and Phoenix219 like this.
  4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Candlefucker?

I wonder if Bev got aroused watching Beauty and the Beast?

I think I'm going to write a fanfiction where Pulaski tries to prove that Data is not Human, or incapable of human emotion/sapient thought by sleeping with him.

Of course she has to do it many times, to prove that his moves are not recorded reproduction of seen acts, or something Soong programmed into him to repeat without variation every time a person asks for him to perform.

5. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Qonundrum likes this.
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crusher, no question.

Pulaski was rude and obnoxious, especially to Data. I definitely wouldn't want her treating me.

As for Beverly? What @Orphalesion said.

Richard S. Ta and Orphalesion like this.
  7. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did not need that mental image. Bad enough that she did the Devil's Tango with Riker's father.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  8. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Trek gets kinky in a big way.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  9. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

I always wondered about Odo having sex with solids. Dude has a prehensile penis whose size and shape he can vary at will.

10. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

And... is this a bad thing?

Orphalesion and Richard S. Ta like this.
  11. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

It’s a very good thing for his fortunate partner.

Maybe less so for him. Just as forming a nose doesn’t give him a sense of smell, forming a penis probably doesn’t give him sexual sensation.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Under situations of extreme pleasure, I doubt Odo can stay solid.

He is the wet spot.

Yaphit from the Orville, who is gelatinous, seemed to mummify Cassidy Yates during intercourse.

It's been my assumption that Odo can't enjoy solid sex, different senses, pleasure responses, and no orgasms, meanwhile it's difficult to allow a solid to join the link.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Phoenix219 and Oddish like this.
  13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I actually like the blandness of Dr. Crusher. She's not generally bombastic or full of catch phrases or chewing up scenery. She's a ship's doctor, and a mom, taking care of her responsibilities.

14. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Crusher or Pulaski?
    Let's just say I think it would've been better if Crusher was the doctor for all seven seasons.

Orphalesion likes this.
  15. Admiral Archer

Admiral Archer Captain Captain

I honestly don't understand the comparison between Janice Rand and Crusher, as stated here. They look almost nothing alike, (I mean, Dr. Crusher had blonde hair during a short time in the movies, but still) and she seemed independent enough from Wesley and Picard to me. Then again, I tend to look at it like this: while Star Wars fans generally say Princess Leia was their space mom, I think of Dr. Crusher as my space mom, probably because my real Mom even LOOKS like Dr. Crusher, and both are in the medical field. Janice Rand served almost no purpose other than being an eye candy secretary for a few episodes; Dr. Crusher had much more range and purpose, although obviously Sub Rosa was a step in the wrong direction (then again, very few characters had any really standout episodes centered on just them in Season 7).

EDIT: How did I not notice that this is a ten year old comment? Sorry guys, someone bumped the thread, I didn't notice, and here we are.

16. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I can understand the difficulty. You see a topic and you want to comment on it. And often, what you have to say is sufficient to chime in on an existing topic, but you won't start a new topic for it.

Richard S. Ta and Skipper like this.
  17. 100Pic

100Pic Lieutenant Red Shirt

Crusher all the way. I hate to be a Pulaski basher, but I didn't like her character at all.

18. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Which is worse, bashing Pulaski or crushing Crusher? :lol:

Qonundrum, Richard S. Ta and Whizkid like this.
  19. yotsuya

yotsuya Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just saw this topic. From a medical and crew point of view, I am a big Crusher fan. She is a great doctor. Pulaski, on the other hand, is a better character. A bit acerbic for TNG, but she was a great addition to the series. Much in the vein of McCoy, which I think was deliberate. I don't think it worked for TNG.

20. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Could "Ethics" or "Remember Me" have worked with Pulaski as the star? Or maybe... "Sub Rosa"?

What about "Peak Performance" or "Unnatural Selection" with Beverly?

Qonundrum and Whizkid like this.