The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

here are pics of my Gokaiger Ranger Keys. still waiting on a few to arrive from Japan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ^
    Those are pretty cool, Praetor! Nice stash, man! I've never collected anything like those but I've always thought they were really colorful and neat-looking.

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meanwhile, in the UK, we haven't even seen the Deleted Scenes wave yet.

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

What's the difference, if any, between the two Kenobi figures? Or is one just an extra?

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^One to open, one to keep MOC I would imagine.

6. cooleddie74

^
    Bingo! OdoWan nailed it. There were only two left of the brand new Obi-Wan and I went ahead and got them both.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Seems like I've always got something I haven't shared yet. I think I have too much stuff. Here's my Indiana Jones "shrine"

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

^
    Nice...love those. If only other companies could replicate THAT good of a Harrison Ford likeness on their merchandise. Even the 12" stuff always falls a little short. They've reached the ability to nail most of his facial features(including his chin scar)but something else always eludes them. You can tell it's Harrison Ford, but it's Harrison from 40 years ago...or it's Harrison after he's slept face-down for an entire night. :p

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

those Indy toys are awesome. i have some of the Joe sized figures that came out a few years ago. Never did get the crystal alien exclusive though.

10. cooleddie74

Here are two shots of Disneyland's and Disneyworld's brand-new "Droid Factory" feature which allows paying customers($11.95 for one droid, $18.95 for two) to both build as well as personally package their very own customized astromech droids using a wide variety of differently colored parts as well as bonus pieces like Mickey and Goofy ears, Jack Sparrow pirate hats or Indiana Jones fedoras.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

I don't think any of you guys have seen the carded photos of two of the upcoming Grand Moff Tarkin wave figures(2012 Wave 5?) that are supposed to start surfacing by sometime in June. These are the first-ever carded figures of Starkiller(Galen Marek) from the two FORCE UNLEASHED video games and Bounty Hunter Shae Vizla from the OLD REPUBLIC game. As always and with current distribution issues being what they are your mileage will, of course, vary...but these should officially be in circulation by the end of next month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And JUST BREAKING! Hot off the presses at Sandtroopers.com is the first boxed photo of the upcoming K-Mart exclusive AT-ST Scout Walker from the Vintage Collection line of ships and vehicles. Check out the sweet-ass retro box...it's like it's 1983 or 1984 all over again. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  12. OdoWanKenobi

Hot Toys Loki!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OH MY CELESTIA! THAT LIKENESS!
    [​IMG]

Want! Want! Want! :drool::drool::drool:

13. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well THOSE artists are insanely good!

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

That's *a lot* of detail. I was thinking of getting a couple of them (Hawkeye and if there is one, Iron Man) but I could only find low res earlier images but that is amazing.

15. cooleddie74

Hot Toys always has the best stuff! Thanks for sharing those pics!

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't contributed to this thread in some time. Got some new Omnibus books in and in doing so filled this bookshelf up with essentially all Marvel product. Thus matching the all Marvel figs on it. Shelf contains a mix of the Hasbro Marvel 3.75", Mighty Muggs, Hero Squad and Monogram figurines. I have the Disney store figurines as well for Avengers but haven't decided what to do with them.

[​IMG]

17. OdoWanKenobi

What do you do when you want to read the books?

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Since they are on stands it's easy enough to move 3-4 to get one out. Those Omnibus editions are so big it takes me awhile to get through one. So, it's not like I'm having to rearrange all the time. You may not be able to tell but about 7 of those Omnibus haven't even had the shrink wrap removed. I'm actually reading an Essential(Werewolf by Night) right now. I keep those on another shelf. I've read all the smaller TPB's.

Since Omnibus editions tend to to out of print I get the ones I want(cause they are on sell 40-50% the first few months at various sites) and worry about reading them later, time permitting.
    I got into them late and the Frank Miller Daredevils, Uncanny X-Men vol.1 and FF(silver age) vol2 are all OOP and run about twice retail on ebay. Normal retail can be $75-125USD if your not familiar with them. It's on oversized format that recolors and touches up the originals. Closest comparison is like going VHS to BluRay, especially on the Silver Age and Bronze Age material.

19. cooleddie74

Great collection of figures, Captain Craig! Some really nice and impressive stuff there...and neatly arranged too!

There are new Twitter photos from Star Wars Weekends(SWW) 2012 down in Orlando, FL hitting the Web...new Disney-themed STAR WARS product is on display featuring Disney characters as well as Muppets as classic STAR WARS characters. Here are three new Muppet action figures...
    Scooter as Lando Calrissian, Link Heartthrob in Carbonite and Animal as Boba Fett. I don't collect the Muppet STAR WARS line but these look really, really fun.

[​IMG]

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^OMG, want! :guffaw: