Braga wants your ideas for Bluray extras

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by RAMA, Dec 18, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that WAS what we were doing!

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Thank God someone hired me again, thank God someone hired me again..."

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I want a literal flogging of Braga, Singapore-style, as a Blu-ray extra. :guffaw:

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Trekker670 may not speak for everyone but he speaks for many. In fact I'd go so far as to say, he speaks for "most".

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did they already put the "From all of us at Star Trek: Enterprise, happy holidays" promo on any of the DVDs so far? That's a dandy. It's weird seeing T'Pol smile.

How about an option to view "extended" versions of the episodes with finished scenes included?

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

didn't TATV get put on a "viewer's choice" Trek collective DVD? How did that happen if it's almost universally hated by the fanbase? I'm serious-is the theory that it was a rigged vote with internet ballot-stuffing or that there never was a fan vote on it, and the folks putting together the collection just put what they wanted on it?

I've been wondering for a while how TATV got put on it, with the amount of hatred there is for that episode in fandom.

7. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I think most of the people voting were TNG fans and just voted because of Troi and Riker.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Those Fan Collective polls were bullshit anway.

The Alternative Factor, which many fans considered one of the worst TOS episodes, ended up on one the fan collectives was proof of this.

Endgame being any where on the collectives was also a mistake IMO. What made it worst was that it was on TWO sets!

9. teacake

:eek:

THE ALTERNATIVE FACTOR!?

Gah, well that's insane. How did that happen? HOW?

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Who knows?

All I know is that episode made my brain melt when I first saw it. It is one of the Trek episodes that I will never rewatch again.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I did rewatch it on one of those DVDs.

And yes, it is WTF?? Though, it has that 'it's so crazy it has to be genius' vibe about it.

12. teacake

I can't imagine how such a thing was ever listed as a fan favorite when TOS has so many absolute classics that even non-fans are familiar with.

I reckon the TATV ended up in there because it was mostly TNG fans voting and because whoever made the final call just thought "hey, finale with Riker and Troi, that's gotta be a good one!"

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Hated TATV. The only part I liked about was the last 40 seconds with the three Enterprises.

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm certainly not going to get on the internet and look at what the fans think, because that would be too painful. But give it a little more time [and] I'm sure I can look back and figure out what I did wrong. - Braga

I'll bet he's looked. ;)

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'd buy the blu-ray just for the apology :)

Brannon, hope you're reading.

16. teacake

I too promise to buy the blu-ray for the apology.

Hey Brannon I have bought 5 copies of The Eternal Tide because Janeway finally returned so you know I'm good for this promise.

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It'd only be a ten second piece of the dog peeing on the script though. ;)

18. teacake

19. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Hopefully CBS will include the episode trailers on the discs, just like they are doing for TNG (and hopefully DS9 and Voyager whenever they get around to hose series --- I don't have a Twitter account, so could someone post the trailers on there? Thanks).

20. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've given your idea/request a shout out and linked it to your above post from twitter.

Personally I thought those were frequently awful and aimed at a teen/female demographic UPN thought were going to watch Enterprise, but in the end probably didn't. Aside from maybe the first few to do with the series premiere (remember they used NASA footage and The Calling's Wherever You May Go?) which I recall spending hours trying to look at on a slow dial-up internet connection.

Never anything as memorable as "Next Time on Staaarrr Trrrrek The Next Generation" though! :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012