How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Adm_Hawthorne, Oct 24, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Teacake, I never suspected you had latent J/P tendencies. :vulcan:

Here's a present for you (just substitute yourself for Paris when you watch. ;) ) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfw6ExcWe4s

It's from our fellow / former (?) poster "Val". :bolian:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfw6ExcWe4s[/yt]

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My fav video with my second fav Voyager ship:)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this ship because it's not obvious and it's a bit seditious :)

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

5. Janeway’s Girl

Very pretty! Is that from a movie or real life?

6. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mary-Ryan I think.

7. JanewayRulz!

8. Beawild

Beawild Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Teacake, after J/C, my second favorite couple is J/P. They had a lot in common. They were both Starfleet brats, the children of admirals. The families knew each other. Tom's father was Kathryn's mentor at the Academy. She served with him when Owen was still a captain and both were captured by the Cardassians. I think that they would have been a good couple. Tom could always make Janeway laugh (in real life Robbie and Kate were good friends).

As for the wedding photo, Mulgrew was 21 years old in that pic. Kate got her first big break at 19 when she was cast as "Mary Ryan" in a new soap opera called "Ryan's Hope". Mary's love interest was a journalist named "Jack Fenelli" (played by Michael Levin). Levin was 23 years older than Kate, he was almost old enough to have played her father. Mary and Jack wed in 1976. When Kate decided to leave the show, the role was recast without much success. Fans did not accept the replacement and "Mary" was killed off.

:)

9. teacake

I could maybe J/P it up in an alt.universe.

OR perhaps I just need to send Janeway on a little holiday from duty and make her a bit less steadfast and conscientious.

Might need drugs.

10. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Janeway, the early years:

Coffee to help prep for exams
    [​IMG]

A little something extra to help get that Boothby-like gravelly command voice
    [​IMG]

And a lime ricky or three to wind down on the weekends.
    [​IMG]

11. Janeway’s Girl

Such a shame she smoked (definitely NOT sexy) but then again people didn't know about the health risks involved.

12. JanewayRulz!

13. Catarina

Oh she knew. Her folks smoked. it was more "cooler" to smoke then too. Like some grown up status. I did briefly. I grew up in a cloud of smoke. I had addiction upon moving out and caved to it for awhile.

14. teacake

Yes of course she knew, she's not that old!

And really, her choice. The world is full of foods and substances and liquids that are ultimately not good for your body but very enjoyable nonetheless.

15. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

While I viewed the series, I fell on fanfictions and I admit to have been surprised by many of them which staged Janeway / Chakotay. Is it because I have never estimated the character of Chakotay or because of Beltran's weak performance, the thing is that I didn't manage to put a lot into this couple and I am delighted to see that the authors haven't pushed the game to make Janeway/Chakotay an item. In fact, Kashyk, Jaffen or Tom Paris (and even Seven of Nine) would have been perfect matches.

And yes, Janeway is sexy/pretty, from the 1st to the 7th season. Her look, her body movements at the level of hands, I don't know but, the character releases a presence, a strength which doesn't make indifferent. I may be a woman, I didn't remain insensible to the character of Janeway.

As for Kate Mulgrew, even at 61 years old, she is still beautiful (and her stoutness changes it nothing). I think sincerely that she didn't need to force her nature to interpret Janeway or lately, Red in OITNB.
    Mulgrew is a woman of character. :-)

Six of Twelve likes this.
  16. Catarina

kashyk was a sociopath or ethically short sighted, yes let's hook up the captain with him..not. i could see J/C until she brushed him off and then he figures ahh, I'll go wooden and not in a fun way.

That actor who played Jaffen was nice but it lacked something. very vanilla that pairing.

17. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kashyk is the only guy who demonstrated any noticeable sexual chemistry with Janeway as fas I'm concerned (other than Janeway 2 from Deadlock).

18. Catarina

she did have chemistry with herself. I wonder if I should talk in the mirror and see if I blush. AHAHAHA.

19. Janeway’s Girl

What about Jaffen in Workforce?

Six of Twelve likes this.
  20. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They had some chemistry... but was that really Janeway?

They were drugged up work-monkeys. Tuvok laughed at jokes (then explained why the joke was funny).

That being said, it was interesting to see how quickly "Janeway" gave it up when she wasn't in captain mode.