Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

I loved this episode and please dont tell me that this episode was done via clever editing and so forth I would love to believe that the boys held up traffic in a bright silver box for god knows how long.

Top Gear Cool Wall rules as stated by the Big Book of Top Gear
    1. A car will always be uncool if you have to explain it or anything about it.

2. A Car will always be uncool if, once you've told someone what you drive, you imediantly follow it up with 'No, but..."

3.A car will also be uncool if you tell someone what you drive and then follow it with 'Ah well, you see'

4. A car will always be uncool if everyone who drives it is a c*ck.

5. A car will always be uncool if you built it yourself.

6. A car will always be cool if it's extremely sinister

7. A car will always be seriously uncool if Richard, James or Jermey owns one

8. A car can become cool again if Richard, James or Jeremy had one but then sold it

9. A car will always be cool if itls ultra nerdy and normally driven by blokes with spiky hair BUT is owned by a girl

10.A car will always be cool or uncool if Jeremy says it is

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  2. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True. There's a Latvian Beemer five series driving around Belfast somewhere that looked exceedingly cool through the medium of sinisterism. It was white and a little old, but the tinted windows, Latvian plate and the feeling that the driver wasn't driving so much as prowling made it look quite cool.

Oh yeah, another rule, if you can pick Kristin Scott Thomas up in it, it's cool.

3. Kibbin

Didn't they ditch that rule when she came on and it turned out she was only into small eco-cars? Or was that someone else Jeremy fancied?

4. The Squire of Gothos

They've not mentioned it for a while, that's for sure.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

What a fantastic episode. Definitely the funniest one in a while.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've just got round to watching the last 10 minutes of last week's episode on iPlayer. I need to watch this weeks on iPlayer, too, I forgot to set the series link.

7. The Squire of Gothos

Wasn't a bad one this week, nothing seemed to happen till I looked at the clock and saw it was already quater to ten.

The Lancia article was pretty good, I bore a full bladder through it to see the cars (top trivia tip, the Stratos had its windscreen cut from a cylinder of glass to prevent distortion of the light passing through) and was glad to see Chris Evans at the end of it so I could releive myself :p

8. Kibbin

That could so be taken out of context.

I missed the first few minutes this week and came in just before May took on a passanger plane :lol:.
    It was weird to see a car that not even the stig could gert round the track, even if it was (w)

9. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Hmm, joking about killing a member of government, I wonder if Clarkson will get any angry mail again... ;)

10. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

The pre-pianoed Marina was good. I imagine a lot of angry people with nothing better to do will be complaining to the BBC about the squashing of a piece of metal.

11. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

Who's going to rush out to defend the tache-less Hitler?

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

May's caravan airship antics were hilarious. I'm not sure I'd have the testicular fortitude to go up in a cobbled-together craft like that with so little control.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the selection of Lancia as the world's best automaker.

13. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

It wasn't "world's best automaker", it was the automaker who has manufactured the largest number of "great" cars. A subtle difference but a difference nonetheless. The meaning of "great" is also subject to interpretation.

14. Sheep

I understand that. I was paraphrasing but should have been clearer about it.

But Lancia as having manufactured the largest number of "great" cars? Even the most hardcore of gearheads would be hardpressed to defend that one. Just about every maker on the Top 10 list they presented as voted by the few fans who actually bothered to vote (:lol:) deserves the honor before Lancia.

If they wanted to do a featurette on Lancia, that's great. But they shouldn't have veiled it under the "who manufactured the most great cars" idea.

15. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

16. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

Top Gear... set... up? Man loans television programme his car. Television presenters look at car in wrong way. Car cries. Man angry.

Did anyone else see that programme on Channel 5 last year about those men who masturbated over their cars?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  17. The Squire of Gothos

Ah, yes :alienblush: Well, better than over one of the cars eh? Eh?

Ah, I was glad to see that, the season starts in earnest with that smashing :techman:

18. Sheep

Was that what Clarkson "found on the internet" a few seasons ago? :lol:

And yes, I do know what picture they were showing during that running joke but I think posting it here would get me a warning. :guffaw:

19. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Aha, so basically he bought this car in his midlife crisis to look cool when he's driving to the pub and he's pissed Top Gear used the car in a way it was supposed to be?

[btw. I really really want one of those plastic pseudo-Stratoses, that car is just beautiful ;)]

20. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I think we're being a little unfair on the Integrale man here. Yes he clearly loves his car maybe a little too much - but he was positive about Top Gear and that the car was used 'for real' again.

The other guy was super negative though.