Fictional Places to Avoid

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by MacLeod, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Well there is always Daisey Duke, in Hazard county to distract you from all those issues.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

A tease who spends way too much time with her cousins leads to all kinds of other issues, though...

3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely.

The Twilight Zone. Not really a place persay, but it still creeps me out >_>.

Arcadia, from the X-Files - the community had WAY too many rules and regulations, I'd go NUTS in it :lol:.

The town from the episode 'Home' from the X-Files... inbreeding, murder and cannibalism... >_> O_O

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^and don't forget the Johnny Mathis music.

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Mustafar. Stupid name, stupid planet. Makes Mt Doom look like a science project.

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tatooine. Because of all the sand. I don't like the sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft... and smooth...

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok Mike, you win the thread.

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Black Mesa Research Facility. Pointless crate-smashing rooms, horrendous toxic waste spills, poor overall construction quality, and it was apparently built by Daedalus to hold the Minotaur in because finding a clear way out is as easy and pleasant as pulling out your own fingernails.

9. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

At least, unlike Aperture Science, you don't have to worry about the rooms being spontaneously reconfigured. :p

10. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

There are many good mentions here. I'm comparing my planned vacation roster versus the locations listed.
    I live near LA and I make it a point to avoid the Nakatomi Building. The number of dead bodies that fall out of that thing is simply appalling.
    If your dimensional transporter is working, you may want to avoid Earth Alpha. Pollution levels approach lethal, and the governing corporations have a tendency to use death as a tool of discharging service.
    As an aside, Ankh-Morpork is no place for the faint of heart. Unless you plan to donate said heart to a sausage maker named Dibbler...
    Oh, and I've done the research. Despite beautiful beaches and rolling green hills, the country of Genosha is anything BUT tourist friendly. Particularly if you exhibit "unusual" abilities.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Alphaverse from Charlie Jade.

12. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Oh, I think I'd fit in quite well there...

Many good fictional places to avoid already in this thread, but I think you've all missed the most prominent of them all: "New York, NY".

Sure, some people might think that city actually exists, some might even believe they have seen it. - Heck, some of you might even live in it!

But still, even amongst those people living there, I'll bet you only half actually believe it exists... and most of those are not trustworthy -according to films and TV-shows set in that fictional place anyway!

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ The only reason to avoid New York in fiction would be because Roland fucking Emmerich keeps DESTROYING it in every movie he makes! :scream: He must really have had a horrible experience in NYC that makes him hate it so much.

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Los Angeles, circa 2029

15. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any underground caverns on Clark Ashton Smith's Mars.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Didn't they turn that in a prison back in '88?