Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pre-patching has now been enabled to prepare for moving the Tribble build to Holodeck, so it really does seem to be coming within the December 1st to 8th timeframe. After logging out of the game, your launcher will automatically restart and begin the pre-patching process.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the heds up I went and crafted an aegis set before the crafting changes hit.

3. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Will the Aegis set still be craftable after the changes? I'm aware of the changes to the crafting process (now requires dilithium), but want to know if I should craft the set tonight for my toons that don't have them, or if I will still be able to craft it later on.

4. Hartzilla2007

You will still be able to craft the set after the change it will just cost dilithium, I just wanted to do it while I had mats and didn't have to pay the dilithium cost, since the high end stuff can get kind of pricy.

Personally, I think if you have the mats you should craft them before the tribble changes go live, since it will save you some dilithium grinding.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Can the Delta Flyer be crafted by someone that owns one already? It wouldn't let me the last time I tried (which was a few months ago).

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Tribble is still buggy as hell. Wish they would get it fixed before pushing the code to Holodeck.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Dibs? I can be on early this evening, if someone's around to get that for my alt. Think i've still got an outstanding IOU from the Fleet bank anyway :)

Would also like to have an Aegis set in the bank, should be able to provide all the needed parts if someone's around to craft it up for me...

8. Hartzilla2007

just send everything to Sanders@hartzilla2007 and I'll set you up.

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure thing, I will mail the schematic to you. You were @JScout33 in game, right?

In the meantime make sure you got enough crafting skill points for the flyer..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, I'm Richard@jscout33 right now. And thanks, Hartzilla, will figure out what it costs and pop stuff over to you. I'm on right now, but all's quiet in the fleet...

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Thanks Hartzilla, got the Aegis set and the Delta Flyer safely tucked away before the F2P build tanks everything.

Tried to craft whatever I could, and spent as many emblems/marks/whatever as made sense, so we'll see what the new build brings. I expect everything I bought/built will be nerfed by morning, if the Tribble builds have been any indication...

12. Hartzilla2007

GladI was able to help out.

On a slightly unrelated note I seem to have the same lag problem with STO that I did in TOR, which means it is my internet connection that's the problem, which means I'm good to go on that front when I fix it.

13. Bird of Prey

I am trying to craft the aegis set for one of my other toons and all I need is one methogenic particle trace. There are 5 in the fleet bank, but I don't have the rights to withdraw one. Can anybody help me out please ?

14. Hartzilla2007

Try it now.

15. Bird of Prey

No luck. On both of my fleet toons (names in my sig) I get a message that I do not have permission to withdraw from that tab. If you could even mail one of those toons a particle trace, I'd appreciate it

16. Hartzilla2007

There I mailed one to you.

17. Bird of Prey

Thanks. I tried to add a couple of particle traces to the fleet bank, but couldn't do that either - so I sent them to you. Thanks again. Now all my current toons have the Aegis set.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I understand the idea behind the locked tabs for larger fleets, but not really a big fan of it in our smaller, less active fleet. We're all welcome to donate to the fleet, but kinda annoying that anything good is restricted to the couple fleet officers we have. Makes sense to restrict lower-level recruits, but been playing just about since launch, and only with this fleet, and 8+ years on the BBS, why am I locked out again?

Convenient for the multiple toons of the fleet leaders, but not as much for us mid-level members. Honestly, I don't use the bank much because of the restrictions on anything good. Used to put more in back when it was more free-flowing, but now just feels like a donation to the people that already are doing just fine. Point of a fleet bank is to be able to share the wealth when you get stuff, and grab a little help when you need it as well, no?

Along those lines, what do you actually have to DO to get promoted from Chief to any of the lower officer ranks? LTS, played for almost 2 years on and off, donate to the banks when I get stuff I don't want (except that more and more tabs are restricted), help people with missions when I'm online, have tried to set up events every once in a while, etc. Other than being one of the guys that signed up to the Fleet first, not sure what else can be done there. Disappointing that TrekBBS is so under-represented on STO anyway, would be nice if the fleet wasn't so dead...

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Tribble build is going to Holodeck tomorrow morning, between 7am and 10am PST. I hope everyone is done with last-minute crafting.

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Not done with crafting, but I still have a couple toons who need to invest their emblems into useful gear before they strip us of 30% buying power. ;)
    Good thing, I have the day off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.