True Blood 1x8 - The Fourth Man in the Fire - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OmahaStar, Oct 27, 2008.

?

How many stars do you rate this episode?

1. 5 stars

50.0%
  2. 4 stars

40.0%
  3. 3 stars

10.0%
  4. 2 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

From Zap2It -

"Sookie tries to hold herself together in the wake of another possible tragedy."

What did you think of tonight's episode? Only 4 to go this season!

2. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Haven't seen it yet...but it sounds pretty good from the spoilers I have had ;)

3. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Stephen Root lost weight!

...and now I can never watch NewsRadio the same way again. Thanks, Alan Ball.

Five stars from me...bring on the Dave Foley and Maura Tierney vamps!

4. SeamusShameless

SeamusShameless Captain Captain

I only caught the last half, but what I saw of it was good.

5. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

No one's noticed Bartlett's missing yet.

The fang banger who died in the fire was as good as dead hanging around those 3 psycho vamps anyway.

Tara's mom went from one stereotype to another. :p

Jason's new girl instantly becomes the new waitress.

Ladies, would you kiss a guy covered in cemetary dirt?

Sam's streaking actually brings out the real detective in that uh...can't remember his name.

What's up with shell-shocked veteran? Is he the killer?

I think it's funny the series opened with a scene dismissing the stereotypical vampire types, then it goes to the Vamp bar where all the vamps are stereotypes.

6. OmahaStar

He doesn't live anywhere even remotely close to Bon Temps. Even if they did notice him missing, he's too far away to be brought up in town.

I know. Shame, too. He was a cute lil twink.

This surprises you? She is a wretched lil thing, isn't she?

They talked in the episode about being short-handed, and Sam's been looking. Waitresses come and go rather quickly at his bar.

Sookie would. But then, she's kissing a guy who has been dead for over a century before she was born, and she spent an entire day thinking he was final-dead. She's grateful he's still around.

That's not all it brought out. Rawr.

Can't say. ;) But they've already portrayed a few other completely innocent people as the killer. Why stop there?

Semi-spoilers here, but nothing major ...

In the book, it's established that vampires actually hate the vampire bars. They have them for the tourists and fang-bangers, people who go in expecting to see that based on movies, books, tv shows, etc. Outside of the bar, Pam never dresses in black. Ever. She's most happy dressed up in pink frilly stuff. They put on an act for the paying customers. And that's all it is. An act.

Now, a few comments about this ..

I'm really hating Jason now. He crossed over to the dark side VERY eary here. In the books, it's much later, and still not as bad as what he did in this episode. Holy crap.

And LaFayette? He really doesn't love anybody but himself.

It was obvious Bill wasn't gone, since we saw him rising in the previews last week, but still they spent a long time waiting around for him to show up.

Eric ... Ugh. I still don't like him. The Eric of the tv show is so incredibly dull and boring. There is no charm. There is nothing about him that is in any way special.

Pam is still dead wrong.

The more shirtless and/or nude scenes we get with Sam, the better. Thumbs way up for that. ;) Lucky bitch Tara.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i enjoyed the Heroes references, in regards to vamped Steven Root looking forward to Mondays.

8. Trippy

Great ep! Wow...so much going on!

Tara is the energizer bunny of bitch all of the sudden (ya, she always had attitdue, but with Sookie and Sam too?)

Her mom is nuts. Officially.

Bill. Sookie. Mud. Hot! Ya, I'd do Bill all dirty too :drool:

9. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

5 star.

Great episode, I have a queation though?

the fang banger (human) who died in the fire was that the same one who sookie had seen in Fantasia, the young male with black hair whom I also think works with the morgue, medical examiner or something in that nature? If so that kind of sucks since I was lookign forward to a little more of him, seemed interesting enough.

I just love Tara to death. Loved how it was brought up about Sam running nude in the morning:lol:

10. OmahaStar

Yep, that was him. He looked pretty hot at the bar. That's all I'm saying. :D

:D :D :D :drool:

11. Trippy

Not a big Sam fan (the character, not the actor, who is great!) but his hair was looking fine this week :techman:

I'd still take dirty, muddy Bill though anyday :drool:

And for a laugh...this week's recaplet:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/true_blood/the_fourth_man_in_the_fire.php?grade=1

My favourite part:

Sam behaves horribly in this episode, first playing off Terry Bellefleur's instability and PTSD shame to cover up his secret, then telling Tara she is a sex grunter, and then lying to Andy Bellefleur that his parents were nudists, rather than Border Collies. Oh, and he openly bitches and moans about Bill not dying, and bonds with Bud Dearborn over being total racists. Somebody needs to smack him with a newspaper.

:lol:

12. RaymondJames

hmmm either a female, bisexual or homosexual male:devil: but usually its females who use:drool:

13. OmahaStar

Take a wild guess which I am. ;) lol

14. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

This entire situation with Bill and the psycho vamps is incredibly strange. It's amazing no one's questioning it. He was the last one seen with them alive. He just decides to take a dirt nap in a grave yard. What the heck is going on here?

It's also damn suspicious the psycho vamps got themselves killed so easy. Are you really gonna let it slip you live nearby then start threatening and attacking humans?

15. OmahaStar

Remember, most vamps see humans as a food source, not a threat. They see mainstreaming as a bad idea. They don't think the humans can do anything to harm them, since vamps are so uber powerful ... as long as the sun isn't out. (the vamp phrase for dying is "meeting the sun")

They're trying to get Bill. And they'll do anything it takes. They have no clue what the world is like, other than their own little bubble.

16. RaymondJames

well your user name is the Gill-man which could indicate your male. Either of which i don't care:vulcan: