What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Yeah, that made for some great GIFs.

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I really enjoyed Ep 1 (I think Ep 2 is out this Tues?), but uhmming & ahhing about whether to continue.

Sporadically playing RE Revelations, but mostly GTAV and FC4 online.

Did think 'This War Is Mine' in this Guardian piece on moral choices in games sounded intriguing.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Currently playing The Dig that I bought through GOG during their LucasArts sale. I've always been curious about this game and never ended up playing it until now. It's excellent so far.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't planning on playing any new games until I finished the ones that I'm on, but I couldn't avoid the 99 cent flash sale on PSN.

I bought Tokyo Jungle (PS3), Katamari Damacy (PS3), and Gravity Rush (Vita). My very first Vita game. Now I just need to buy a Vita.

5. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Kelthaz, Gravity Rush is a pretty cool game, and it's fairly open world. Which keeps me wondering, when are we gonna see Vita versions of Fallout and Elder Scrolls? :)

I just bought Surgeon Simulator on PS4 for 91 cents. :)

I'm still doing heavy replay with Resident Evil Revelations 2.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's a great time to buy a Vita.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon Shuffle. Finally beat Mega Glalie. Came close to beating Dragonite and Keldeo. Not giving up.

Hoping to play Back to the Future this weekend on my PS3 :).

8. Dexter Remmick

Dexter Remmick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just wrapped up my 31st Plat on Bayonetta. Argh.

I would recommend it to those who enjoy stringing intricate combos together and enjoy having their behinds handed to them. I was never much into this genre previously, but ever since MGR:R, also by Plat. Games, I've opened myself up.

I hope to begin F.E.A.R. 2 tonight.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Congrats on the plat. I have 54 myself. I wonder if there are any other trophy hunters on this board.

10. Dexter Remmick

^^ That's a nice tally. I hope to get at least 5 more before I make the leap the the current gen. But there's so much content available, I'm going to have to set an actual date for the leap or else I may just hold out until next gen.

Thanks for the grats. I'm sure there's more of us here, most I find, don't like to admit they are :techman:.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

The thing I (usually) like about trophy hunting is that it gets me to play games in different ways. Plus I get way more time out of every game. I don't just finish it and never play it again the way I used to. Some of the trophies sure can be a grind though. ;)

12. Dexter Remmick

Same here. But I always replayed games until I was sure I explored all avenues in them. I find hunting also preys upon my innate compulsion for completion.
    I hate seeing anything other than 100% on my games list. Bothers me to no end.

Sadly there are a great many games that I will never get 100% on due to their online component. Never touch it, never will.

I find the trophies that are the biggest grind, are often the most rewarding when they finally ping. Bayo's Legendary Dark Witch was my most recent grind. Almost quit. Glad I didn't.

13. starrchild

starrchild Captain Captain

*Just* purchased Alien Isolation from Steam - they are having a sale on the base game (75% off) and the DLCs. Downloading right now, which will take a while.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I was tempted, but I think I'll wait for a GOTY/Definitive Edition type bundle with all the DLC. Right now the prices seem a little inflated IMO.

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon Shuffle. Starting to really hate it though :(.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished Ys V for the Super Famicom last night. Started up Tales of Xillia today. It's been a while since I've played a standard JRPG.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Forza Horizon 2 (got it during last week's Xbox Live sale) and the stand-alone expansion Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious, both on XBONE.

Oh, and a bit of Dark Dreams Don't Die (D4) - I'm up to episode 2 now.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started and finished Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell over the weekend. Now I'm working on the Plat.
    It's a very fun game. Just like SR4. ;)

19. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Currently playing The Witcher 2, and loving it so far. I like it much better than the first. The experience feels richer and at times even feels like Game of Thrones.

20. Dexter Remmick

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

So far not too bad. Not groundbreaking by any means but it does have a nice atmosphere.
    Spent a few hours on it yesterday, apparently I'm a few chapters from wrapping it up. So not an overly long game.