Life beyond Star Trek features............

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Delta Vega, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

......................you know, the ones on the Remastered DVD Sets.

Why did Shatner choose to bore us to death with all that shit about his horses ?
    Really "Bill", at least try a leg and be interested in the hand that fed you very well for nearly 50 years.

Nimoy, Takei, Koenig, Nicholls all spoke highly and lovingly about Star Trek and to see Shatner ponsing about on his trusty steeds annoyed me immensely.

OK your not really James Tiberius Kirk, but at least pretend that at one time you were proud to be.

James T, I loved you as Captain of the Enterprise and you were and still are, the greatest Captain of all, but that little extra was too much to take :confused:

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I love riding horses.

:)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's with all the Shatner bashing lately, did he make a few more million doing something?

4. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it really that big of a deal? He has talked and written so much about Trek already...maybe he figured that people might enjoy hearing about something else for a change, something important in his life that he enjoys?

I'm not interested in horses, but does he really have anything new to say about Trek at this point? Do any of the actors from the show?

5. Delta Vega

I bet you look better on a horse than William Shatner :)

6. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't want to see anyone on William Shatner. :crazy:

7. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Look. Say you're producing the DVD extras. Do you want him sitting around, recalling olden times, or doing something visually dramatic, like riding horses? Besides which, it's obviously the man's passion, so let's all give it a pass.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree that it wasn't that interesting a feature, but I also agree with the poster who said that so much has been written and said about Star Trek that there really isn't any new stories for the folks involved to tell.

Now, have you seen Leonard Nimoy's featurette for Life Beyond Star Trek on season two? I'll be interested to hear your views on that. Personally, I found it more interesting, but that's only because I like photography more than horses.

9. VZX

VZX Cadet Newbie

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The man has written two books about his "Star Trek Memories." That should be enough for anybody.

11. Esteban

Esteban Commander Red Shirt

It certainly is, especially since his ghost-writer googled them all.

12. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was Google in 1993 and 1994?

13. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

I don't hold his passion for horses against him, but it DIDNT belong as an feature on a DVD.

14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I don't see why it was any more irrelevant than Nimoy's passion for photography. These were short documentaries on these actors and their lives after Star Trek, of which these two preoccupations (horses and photography) are not insignificant.

15. Delta Vega

I havent watched the Nimoy photography one yet, but it would be as out of place as Shatners horses on a Star Trek DVD, in my opinion of course.

16. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shatner likes horses, you don't. So don't watch that part. Got any other problems?

17. Delta Vega

I like Shatner, and hes wasted on a horse, that ok with you ?

18. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The whole point of the features is to show their lives beyond star trek....

19. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

It isn't. And, honestly, if the OP has a problem with the interviews included on the DVDs, he should direct his angst at the producer(s) who decided to include them, rather than toward the interviewees. ;)

20. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gee, I thought all the TOS actors were fans like us. I thought Shatner had a closet full of unbuilt AMT TOS ship models and a replica phaser, like me, because it is so cool. I thought he never appeared in any other show, ever, and that he had no friends but the original cast, and that they all met once a week to play Yahtzee.

How DARE he bore me with horses, when I want to again re-re-re-hear his recollections of entertainment provided to broadcast viewers for free more than 40 years ago? He OWES me! I don't care if his horse events benefit charity, and that by promoting them on DVD he might help the needy. Damn it, I want to hear the story about Nimoy's bike. Again. And again. And again.

F*ck you, Shatner! Tell me about the sickbay instruments and salt shakers. And about green body paint being color-corrected by the photo lab. And how you frenched Sherri Jackson so hard that you smeared her lipstick.

(Well, actually, I DO want to hear about the last one.)