The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm the G-man and I approve this message

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm perfectly fine with not learning more about the outside world, and seeing everything only from the perspective of this one group. The creators have said from the beginning that this is more a show about how our characters DEAL with the zombie threat than a show about the threat itself. And I think that's totally the right approach.

Although apparently from the lastest interview in EW, the show's worldview is going to be expanded quite a bit in the third season...

3. SonOfMogh

SonOfMogh Commander Red Shirt

They'll probably just hear more anecdotes from other survivors or possibly hear about how other nearby outposts have fared. With no communication technology working and limited fuel it would be hard to do much more.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spoiler on Michonne in the new Playboy. It explains who the two zombies are and why they're on chains.

If the zombie herd was heading out of the city, why wouldn't our group want to be BEHIND them? Staying in front of them means the herd is always chasing them; being behind the herd should give some rest.

And shouldn't the herd be decomposing more and more? I can understand that there could be new zombies as people die, or evidently, the zombie-flu takes them over (a la Shane).

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus there's no way to verify then authenticity. I'd be worried about someone setting up an ambush. Obviously Herschel didn't want to add people to his farm and did so reluctantly after a child was shot, but still didn't seem to want to let them be there. He wasn't trying to make contact with the outside world.

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I'm still reading through the recent posts, but I just wanted to say:

This is the episode in which live-action (as opposed to comic-book) Rick finally became an interesting character for me.

8. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I am Spartacus.

I'll have to do a rewatch at some point, but I think this might be my favourite episode since the pilot. Really tense throughout, everyone got to have their 'badass' moment, and it advanced the plot and characters while ratcheting up the action beats. Brilliant stuff.

As to the debate about them being in one location, I have no problem with that at all. It only becomes a problem when there's nothing moving the plot along at all. The search for Sophia really shouldn't have taken seven episodes, and as soon as that storyline was over, most of the complaints about them still being at the farm seemed to disappear. Still, with the casting of the Governor, things are sure to not be dull during season three's prison story. Although I do wonder how long they'll be there. I think it was something like six volumes in the comic. I'm not sure how wise it would be to condense that amount of story into 16 episodes.

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I am Spartacus.

What the heck happened with Jimmy, anyway? They just walked right in. Did he forget to close the RV door, or is it not very secure?

I was getting kind of impatient with the Sophia thing until I realized they were doing that on purpose. Someone here pointed it out. They were putting the characters through the same impatience as the audience to ramp up the interpersonal tension.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I assumed that the door on the RV wasn't secure or that he hadn't closed it properly. I liked the ratcheting up of tension during the first half of the season. I couldn't believe people were complaining that it was too slow. Then again, I'm a Mad Men fan. I excel at enjoying sloooooow story telling. Mad Men makes the first half of TWD season 2 seem caffeinated. :rommie:

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Great season finale. This season started slow, but the last half really picked up.

I really loved the opening walker attack on the farm. It was so action packed and there were plenty of intense moments. It felt like something out of a movie. I had a feeling people would die, and didn't mind that the two that did were pretty much the minor characters since we already got two big main character deaths in the last two weeks. That last shot of the barn burning down was emotional.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. Now that Shane is gone, I think it is time for Daryl to step up as the number two guy since he has already helped out the group so much.

Hated Lori as always. Everything she did in this episode turned me off the character even more. She is one of the most moronic characters on television right now.

Looking forward to season three and all the new characters that will be introduced from the comics. I'm very happy with the huge ratings this show has been getting.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some random thoughts:
    = Rick not telling people about "the secret" -- It's just added unnecessary stress. i mean, was anyone EXPECTING to die (like of cancer or pneumonia or something)? The only way someone in the group would have died (in the short term) would be by murder...and if THAT is a worry -- well, things are already messed up. A new worry downer would certainly have hurt things

= Lori's conflicted feelings over Shan e. Don't forget shane DID save her & Carl from doom. They wouldn't be alive today without him. And if Rick hadn't survived after all, she would have been with Shane, with no guilt. So she's certainly a littl emessed up.

= How much REAL sleep have people had over the past, what MONTH (at best)? No wonder they're stressed out!

Can't wait for season 3!

15. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exactly. Plus let's not forget that he received this information at a point where several of his group were seriously considering suicide. It's not exactly going to encourage anyone to keep going if you turn round and say "oh, by the way, we're all infected and going to turn into Zombies when we die whether we're bitten or not. Let's go gang!"

16. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

In a herd that big, that's a potential way to get bogged down and stuck in a unmoveable vehicle surrounded by walkers.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That reminds me, did anyone cringe when they did that u-turn with the truck? I wouldn't do that now, let alone in zombie country. I've gotten trucks stuck with two wheels still on the road.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Hopefully with the record ratings for the season finale, AMC will increase the budget a bit for the next season. I don't think they've started shooting season three yet.

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

We did see T-Dawg aim for a few in the truck at one point.

20. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Yes! Why on earth would you want to do that? It's not even like the shot looked cool because of it.