When was it found out that Section 31 was i the film?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Noddy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I know a lot of things were kept under wraps for a while with STID, but does anyone remember precisely when it was first discovered that Section 31 was going to have some involvement in the film's plot?

2. ChowdaHead

ChowdaHead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

um. during the movie? this thread is stupid.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Honestly, there were lots of rumors, but nothing was "known" until the movie opened.

4. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

People who read the Ongoing comic had a really strong feeling the Section 31 was going to be involved before the Countdown to Darkness comic basically confirmed it.

The last US trailer before the movie came out that revealed the Vengeance pretty much sealed the deal for everyone else.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It had been speculated for months by some that Section 31 might figure in the story in some way, but I don't believe it was known for certain until a synopsis was posted in a comment thread at IMDb, on or about 23rd April (by someone who'd attended the Sydney premiere showing, I'd presume.) Also confirmed in the same synopsis: that John Harrison was actually Khan.

6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yep. She was sending updates to the web from an iPad during the movie. I was sitting in her row. ;)

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed, the comic adaptation of Return of the Archons featured a group of shady Starfleet officers who everyone believed (and still does, I guess) to be Section 31. Since then it was speculated that they'd be featured in STID.

8. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

And I think a lot of people didn't believe the synopsis was true because of the Section 31 reference.